All reviews modern design free tea and coffee aachen city christmas market budget room minute walk friendly hotel excellent breakfast underground garage comfortable bed located close short stay fresh fruit train station nice stay parking space on foot
Reviewed 8 October 2018

The staff at this Ibis were really excellent, especially when helping me get into the secure underground garage. My vehicle was close to the maximum size for spaces in this tiefgarage which is quite small. The staff did a very good job of guiding me into the last available space. In all other respects, the Aachen hotel was similar to most other IBIS locations I've used over the years: clean room, good-sized and comfortable bed, excellent wifi connection, good range of international tv channels, spacious shower unit etc. No complaints about the room at all. I like Ibis and use them a lot when travelling around Europe. This one was well located, very easy to find when coming into the city centre, and a fairly short walk to the historic centre. Will definitely use this one again.My only slight complaint is that the breakfast area is a bit confusing and could be set out in a more logical way. All other Ibis hotels I've been in, this is not a problem as the different foods and items are usually organised in a logical way. At this hotel, the positioning of coffee machines, food, cups and cutlery etc was very random. I wasn't the only person having to wander around the various 'modules' looking for bread or milk etc. There did not seem to be trays provided either and most clients of the hotel were, like me, having to go backwards and forwards to their table with bits and pieces, adding to the confusion and the chance of people bumping into each other, which they inevitably did - no fun when holding hot coffee or a bowl of yoghurt. This eating area needs a re-think in my opinion.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibisstyles1703, Front Office Manager at Ibis Styles Aachen City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear RD55Aberdeen,

thank you so much for you positive feedback regarding our team.
Also, we're thankful for your opinion about our breakfast area.
We'll speak about this case in our next meeting.

I wish you a great time.

Best regards

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Rooms are okay, no more, no less.
I do not know why it this one is called "styles"; you can find more style at your average youth hostel than you can here.
Also, there was this guy that played very loud heavy metal music in the middle of the night - kinda scary - and even though I called the reception, they did exactly nothing about it.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear Attila Gabor K,

we regret to hear, that we could not satisfy you with our service.
We hope that you'll be more satisfied with another Accor brand.

best regards

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Having done online booking, I realized that the location is very good. The check-in process was a breeze and the staff were very courteous. I had asked for no smoking zone and glad that I got that. Also the room was clean and peaceful.
Very good breakfast, though being a vegetarian, didn't had any food issue. Also being very close to Indian restaurants, it was quite convenient. eNJOYABLE STAY IT WAS.

Room Tip: Rooms are quite clean and peaceful. Room could have been little bigger in size.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
ibisstyles1703, Front Office Manager at Ibis Styles Aachen City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear santhosh59,

thank you very much for your positive feedback. It's a pleasure for us to hear, that you liked our staff, the room and the breakfast. We hope to welcome you in the near future.

kindest regards

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Very good hotel with great connectivity. Nice breakfast and helpful staff. Came here last Sunday and have been great experience so far. Good restaurants and other convince stores nearby. aquis mall also nearby.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2018

we were really surprised at the level of service, the continental breakfast was the best I have ever encountered, free coffee all day 'till 10 pm and even the offer of a doggy bag to take our coffee and breakfast with us on departure day to save us time. reasonable bar prices, the room was quite small but was sufficient for the two of us sharing it.all in all I would seriously recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends