All reviews christmas day shearings tour frequent bus service overnight stop basic hotel two nights petra roger skittles luggage
Reviewed 15 September 2018

very nice they prepared a late night meal for us the food was good and the staff were very nice.the rooms were very clean and comfortable this hotel is excellent for an overnight stay, a big thank you to all the staff and to shearrings

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 25 July 2018

We stayed at this hotel with a group on our way to the Black Forest there and back. The hotel needs to have a complete refurbishment particularly in the corridors which were dark. The first bedroom we stayed in needed carpets to be cleaned and the towels in the bathroom were almost thread bare. The bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was extremely small so not a lot of movement. There is no air conditioning but you could open the windows - it was very hot. There is a nice seating area outside. The public areas were okay but the restaurant and the food did not impress me at all. We had breakfast here and there was a very poor selection. Some of the staff were okay Reception in particular but not the others - you just got a grunt! The hotel has wi-fi and there is a bus service into Aachen which isn't far away. When we were coming back to the UK we stayed here again and the bedroom was much nicer but still needed a refurb. I do not think this hotel should be a 3 star superior because to me there was nothing superior about it.

Room tip: I think if you want a good night's sleep you need to be at the back of this hotel as the front goes onto a busy road.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Very problematic parking. Theirs parking is to small and you need to park on the street which is not so easy to find a free place. It is also too far from the Aachen centrum about 30-40 minute walk in. All enviriment and the hotel look old and unrenovated. In my room I found spider webs and later a spider. The bad was uncomfortable, the mattress was too-soft and I felt like I was sinking.

The hotel pretend that has 3 stars but definitely I have been in hostel with better atmosfer.

But the staff were nice and kind. And the brekfast was good too.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

After reading some of these reviews I was dreading staying here but HOW WRONG I WAS
STAFF were very friendly and helpful happy and cheerful
FOOD breakfast was very nice and evening meal was tasty
HOTEL was lovely and clean and bed was comfy.
After reading previous reviews it was enough to put people off going what I would say is forget all those bad reviews go and make your own mind up.
FAB HOTEL STAFF AND FOOD
Had a very nice and pleasant overnight stop and would have no hesitation in stopping again

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michaela I
Reviewed 8 January 2018

We arrived with Shearings for a New Year stay and the reception and lift area was a joke. 2 Coaches arrived almost together and for 4 floors there was a lift which accommodated 2 people with luggage. After waiting an age we decided to take the stairs - how do you carry luggage up 4 flights of a Spiral Staircase !!
Worse was still to come - the rooms were ok but the food was awful and this very much marred our stay. .As the hotel also is a catering company we thought there would be no problems catering for vegetarians and they had been told in advance (there were 6 on our coach) but somebody must have forgotten to tell the kitchen staff.. We were given a green card to put on the dining table to show our food preferences but they were ignored by all the staff.
The first evening meal was a buffet which was appalling and we we were only able to eat fried rice and fruit salad. Second was the New Year Gala meal whose only saving grace was the mushroom vol u vont and the third meal was never eaten. After waiting 1 hour for our food, by which time the meat eaters had finished their food we were given a greasy spring roll, 8 chips and what looked like the mushy mess left over when straining the veg. We gave our food back to the waiter and left the dining room and I spoke to receptionist who told us they had had a medical emergency with one of the guests so our dinner was late. What on earth this had to do with the kitchen staff and the quality of the food is beyond me and no apology was given just excuses.
We had bought bread, cheese and salad for our journey home the following day and ate this instead of the food we had paid for at the hotel. I have yet to hear from Shearings.

Date of stay: December 2017