All reviews old trees natural park nice hotel one night good size breakfast buffet is hotel is situated on arrival tiergarten gym business germany hanover
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Due to the proximity to my destination I booked the Leonardo hotel for only 85 Dollar including breakfast buffet.
It‘s located nearby a huge park called „Tiergarten“ which is very well suited for jogging or just walking below huge old trees.
The supportive stuff as well the breakfast buffet exceeded my expectations because the very old hotel is rated middle class at best.
The room was a double for single use. You find mini bar as well as tea/coffee maker, room service but no air conditioning. The latter is a real concern if the outside temperature exceeds 100 degrees F, but this kind of summer is very rare in Germany, therefore you should not downgrade the hotel too much.
What really matters is the small room. For one person and one night it‘s absolutely fine, but I have no idea how 2 people should feel comfortable. Left, right and in front of the bed there is less than 1 m left, so it could hard to pass each other. Overall I estimate the room size you can effectively use less than 100 square feet.
The bathroom is very small, too, I estimate less than 35 square feet at best.
It should be also challenging to store two suitcases in the room.
In conclusion you find a great location, a great breakfast (more 4* than 2* ore 3*), friendly stuff, but rooms which are too small for sure.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Dirk K, Geschäftsführer at Leonardo Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We note for your next visit that you prefer a larger room. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerly, D. Knappert, General Manager

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Very kind staff. Tidy rooms. Very patient housekeeping. Don't forget to visit the Tiergarten and walk around to see some deer.
The Leonardo ist my place to be when visiting Hannover. I would recommend it

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Dirk K, Manager at Leonardo Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

D. Knappert
Leonardo Hotel Hannover

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I was aiming to book the Leonardo outside Hannover airport but didn't realize I booked this one instead. Also, I wasn't aware they had already charged me right at the time of booking.

I stayed at this hotel was 2N/3D and it was the 'CEBIT' fair week (though I was there for other business reasons). I didn't realize that the fare of €274 was actually a PER NIGHT fare (I booked via Concur in a hurry and assumed it to be the total fare) !

Normally, I would not have paid more than €50-60 per night for this place.

- no A/C in any room (or even central A/C) even in summer (rude shock to me)
- room was warm at least until 11pm
- they gave me a small size table fan which was mildly effective but only if you kept yourself within 2 feet
- mini bar was empty, apparently I had to use the vending machine (near the lifts) to purchase stuff (cash only)
- the lights in the room weren't great (no overall room light)
- the free WiFi was just about ok
- breakfast was over & above the €274 per night fare !!!!!
- breakfast was just ok, not worth the €14

In summary, I would not pay more than €60/night. If the room rate was around that number, I would have probably given this place a 2.5 or 3 out of 5.

But at €274 a night, it was horrendously overpriced and hence my poor rating. I will not stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Dirk K, Geschäftsführer at Leonardo Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your responce.

You are right, that we've no air condition in our hotel and we feel soory that the fan did not improve the situation.

The price for the guest room was higher as normal because it was a high demand due to the famous Cebit fair in Hanover during your stay and so the prices in all hotels in Hanover was higher.

We wish you all the best!

Regards
Dirk Knappert

A TripAdvisor Member
Spanish Wells, Eleuthera
Reviewed 27 May 2018

The only reason, I think, anyone would stay here is because they have no other choice. It is poorly located, overpriced and rather dated. They say that it is only a few minutes to the Messe. In truth, it is about 15 minutes by car to the North Hall of the Messe but by the time you park and walk to the hall, it is over 30 minutes. The cost by taxi is about 20 Euros. It is only 30 minute by bus but the bus does not seem to travel very frequently and you have to make two transfers. The easiest way to get the the Messe is via the tram (changing at the central station). That takes about 45 minutes. The bottom line is that if you are staying here for something at the Messe, allow for an hour to get there. I tried to use the gym but it was not open in the mornings (thought that was rather odd). The bar at the hotel is really just an area where the hallway widens and it had 3 stools . I did not bother to eat at the hotel because they wanted to charge 15 Euro for breakfast. The room was ok but nothing special and the wifi seemed slow. The most redeeming feature of the hotel is that there is a great little local restaurant (that is not affilliated with the hotel) called Tiergartenschänke next door.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

thank yor for your review. We can confirm the time of you but most guests take a taxi and are then right on the spot.

In addition, we are currently in the process of revising the opening hours for the gym.

We wish you the best.

Sincerly,

D. Knappert

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Visited the hotel for Hannover Messe. Simple hotel that got the job done. Room cleanliness was good. Daily hot breakfast nice. In summer it must be perfect as the back of the hotel has a park. The train station is like a 4 minutes walk. There is also a supermarket that is like 10 minute walk. Overall great hotel with good clean facilities.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Dirk K, Geschäftsführer at Leonardo Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We were very happy to hear that we could satisfy you. We are looking forward to your next visit. Sincerly, D. Knappert, General Manager