“Great deal!”

Aspria Hannover Maschsee
Reviewed 29 June 2016

I stayed in Aspria for one night during a business trip. Unfortunately I did not have time to take advantage of the vast amount of wellness and sport offered. The room was new and in a design hotel style. The bathroom was just as new and really nice. Great shower and spacious. The breakfast offer is poor. The service and lobby is rather functional than luxury or anything.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 April 2016

From the website it appears that all rooms have the same category and price. Also it seems that all rooms have lakeside view. Yes; almost all rooms. I seem to end up in a room that was farthest away from all the action and with a panoramic view of the …...parking lot. And it was only the parking lot that could be seen. Since it is a popular Sports-club, the parking lot was constantly crowded with people so I had to close the darkening curtains to prevent people waving at me while I was undressing. There were no other (lighter) drapes so I had to switch on the lights during daytime.
Also I had to keep the windows closed at night because of the constant noise from the car and train traffic (trains run right behind the parking lot).
I requested the reception to possibly find me another room but naturally they told me that all was full.

When you completely are into training your body you could have a swell time at Aspria. When you are also into keeping your body healthy, food wise; you better look elsewhere.
I had dinner in the restaurant (to at least enjoy some of the lake view) and found that only the very small portions are healthy. The variety and quality of the meal was more like the standard offering you can find in every low (burgerlich) class German restaurant.
We know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day to keep your body healthy. Aspria Hotel apparently never heard of this statement because there was less offering than a basic bed&Breakfast. Also the offering contained mainly the body health killers like scrambled eggs/bacon/white bread rolls. When I requested muesli (it was not present at the buffet!), I was provided with one! small jar of mixed standard supermarket stuff.

Showering was a challenge also. It seems that my 6-feet height is unusually tall for Aspria because the shower tube did not provide the length that would enable me to really stand under it while showering. Also the shower head holder did not remain in this elevated position. But that is something that might be repairable.

All in all; Maybe the lake side rooms are nice (just hope you get one). Go there when you work on your outer body; Don’t go there when you care for your inner body.

Room Tip: Demand lake side view and look elsewhere for all breakfast or dinner
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Aspria_DE, Manager at Aspria Hannover Maschsee, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your stay with Aspria Hanover and for your valuable feedback on tripadvisor. We are sorry to hear that your stay was not as expected and we will take your feedback into the Club to work on solutions, to change some points which we will be able to change, to provide a better and more comfortable time with us.
2 of our 19 rooms, the Apartments, do not have a lake view. You can find this information in the room description on our homepage while create a booking for it. We were sorry that we were not able to change the room during your stay, if there were a chance we would have done so as we understand that these rooms are not the preferred ones. We would be happy to receive a second chance from you and to welcoming you as guest again in the future, so we can show you that we were able to improve some items. Please get in contact with us so we can arrange the best room for you for a possible stay.

Your Aspria Team

Reviewed 11 April 2016

Great fitness and view from the rooms. Comfortable bed and fast Wi-Fi. I'm strongly recommend it for everyone who is interested in sport. Staff was very helpful and friendly.
There is a nice restaurant there with a healthy food.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Xenia Y
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

The best spa and gym at any hotel I have been to. Huge spa. Spa ceremonies in the sauna. Lovely rooms. Will always be my first choice. Spa etiquette in Germany is somewhat different to that in the UK so make sure you are good with this. Very helpful staf

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2015

It is a nice country club. You could not only enjoy the nice rooms, but there is also big fitness studio, couple of diff saunas, restaurant and bistro. It's a bit pricey, but it is definitely worthy! I could only recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business