See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2015

Don't let the modest surroundings and slightly quirky looking place deter you. The owners are kind and friendly and have created something quite unique. If you like sterile rooms with creature comforts, then this is not the place for you. It is in an industrial area, and seems a bit lackluster, but is safe and clean. The rooms are named and themed accordingly, each opening up into a central courtyard filled with reclaimed 'oddities' beautifully displayed ... we stayed in Africa. The interior is handcrafted, and the little tidbits filling the space are very inspiring (even the taps were created)The furniture inside similarly has been reclaimed but is both functional and decorative. We drove here and our car was locked up within the premises for safekeeping overnight. The bed was very comfortable (it was housed on a raised platform) and the area quiet. We had our own kitchenette with small dining room table. There was no TV, but the rooms do have wifi provided. I would suggest this to younger couples, or anyone who likes being surrounded by creative environments. This is one stay I will always remember fondly.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2014

Do not let the modest price and the location right next to the prostitutes fool you. This hotel is beautiful and peaceful. It is a little urban treasure box. Everything here is hand crafted. Everything here is art. The owners are lovely people. They have clearly put their hearts into this place. I chose it because it was close to the university, cheap, and had a room on short notice, and I found myself really lucky to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Heather H
Reviewed 29 June 2014

What a fun and interesting place. I was a bit scared and horrified when I walked up to the building and saw what appeared to be a junk yard. Upon closer inspection, I found a unique and funky environment with a kind family who runs the operation. My flat was clean and quiet and had everything I needed. I loved the furniture and artifacts.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here in early January. Low season in Kassel. The couple who run this place were very hospitable and attentive. We had the luck of staying in the apartment, with its handpainted wallpaper and retro artefacts. Very 50s and characterful. Like stepping into another world quite removed from the homogenous ikea reality of most modest hotels/accommodations.
It was a quiet place to sleep. The mattrasa in the room with the balcony was a bit saggy, however, but for the rest everything was very comfortable. Hope to have the chance of staying more than one night next time!
The location is a 10 minute walk from the centre of Kassel, the area is between residential and semi-industrial zones, which makes one feel inclined to take a taxi rather than walk alone back to the hotel late at night.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harmanna
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed here with my family for 2 nights, and we were treated like royalty. Owners are lovely people, very friendly. The motel is fantastic -- every room different but all spacious, creatively decorated and very comfortable. We especially appreciate the wonderful sitting chairs in each room -- unusual for our experience in Europe. Outside doesn't look like much of anything -- inside is a wonderland. Great breakfast too for only 6 Euros.

Room Tip: All rooms that we saw were great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family