All reviews welcome drink train station design hotel cool hotel main station quiet street breakfast buffet fitness room my colleague yogurt small hotel cold meats min walk double bed hotel is situated reception area stayed one night
Reviewed 4 April 2016

The hotel itself was very nice. The staff was very friendly, and the room was beautiful. I had a room with a balcony, which was great for slipping outside for a cigarette, or just to take in the Frankfurt skyline. It was gorgeous.

The neighbourhood, though, was very uncomfortable. During the short walk from the train station to the hotel, I was offered drugs 4 times. When I went out to get some food, it happened several more times, including one interaction where a man grabbed my arm and wanted to lead me into an ATM. Whilst I realize this is not the fault of the hotel, it was very unnerving. For this reason, I would not stay at this hotel again. Being able to leave and return to the hotel, feeling safe is essential to me.

Room tip: The rooms with the balcony are worth the extra cost. It's lovely to sit outside in the fresh air, and the views are spectacular.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ChristianL_TO
ThePureHotel, Host at The Pure, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Dear ChristianL_TO,

at first I want to thank you for your rating and the lovely words you have found to describe our service and passion in hosting our guests here at “the Heimat” :)

At the same time I feel really sorry about the fact, that the neighborhood had such a bad influence on you during your stay, that it led to your decision to not return again even though you have enjoyed our service so much.

However, the city of Frankfurt currently increases police patrols to enhance security throughout the city. Unfortunately, every international city or bigger city has to deal with such a problem. :(

Nevertheless I still hope to welcome you again here at "the Heimat" and thank you for sharing your experience with all the others.

Best wishes from Frankfurt,

Reviewed 29 March 2016

I stayed in The Pure twice in just three weeks on business. The fact I returned is a compliment to this excellent hotel, it is modern and very white (think corona milk bar from clockwork orange) - a cool place to stay. The breakfast is well done and with a good selection. Both times I spent one night. The first time I stayed as other reviews have said the shower was over the bath (4th floor) but when I returned and stayed on the 2nd floor I had a walk in shower which was better. The rooms are not huge but certainly not too small either I particularly liked the quirky touches like the marshall amp radio and the toiletries are fun - rum flavoured shower gel! Distance to the train station is good and although not the smartest part of town no worries in walking around at night. A good hotel for business in the week as it is good value for money, and I suspect a great place for clubbers or couples to spend a weekend. Friendly and helpful staff. When I return to Frankfurt it will be to The Pure.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ThePureHotel, Host at The Pure, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

Dear Phil,

thank you so much for your detailed and lovely rating!

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you we able to enjoy the feeling of being a part of our “heimat” :)

Besides the equipment and cleanliness of the rooms, the most important reason for a traveler is friendly and competent staff as well as a good breakfast. And I am more than happy to read that we do our job so well. On behalf of the entire team, thank you!

If you would like to be always up2date with the latest news, become a fan of our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram.

We hope to welcome you soon again here at "the Heimat" :)

Best wishes to Maidstone,

Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

Hotel was clean, very minimalist in decor. Rooms weren't terribly big but clean and served their purpose. Less than a 10 min walk from train station so it was convenient for us. The street it's on felt a little...sketchy if you will. I wouldn't have felt the safest walking by myself at night. The breakfast was included and it was a pretty decent spread so that was another point in their favor. There's a nice Italian restaurant a few doors down so that was a bonus.

Date of stay: August 2015
ThePureHotel, Host at The Pure, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

Dear PurpleLily11,

thank you so much for your lovely rating!

I am happy to read that you've enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the feeling of being a part of our “heimat” :) On behalf of the entire team, thank you!

We hope to welcome you again soon here at "the Heimat" :)

Best wishes to Silver Spring,

Reviewed 11 March 2016

Was there for only one night. As said, there are some positive and some negative things. Lets start with the positive : If you travel by train the location is perfect. Only a few minutes walk. Rooms basic but very clean. Breakfast (included in my stay) relaxed and with everything one needs in a buffet style. Not expensive. On the negative : the surroundings are a bit dodgy, would prefer a walk in shower in stead of the shower in the bath en the rooms are a bit noisy.

Room tip: Choose the upper floor, should be more quite
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Hans P
Reviewed 3 March 2016 via mobile

The hotel prides itself that its home away from home. It is not. Modern but very basic. Nice breakfast. Small room and bathroom the size of a closet. Close to the train station. Adequate but home is much better!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan L
ThePureHotel, Host at The Pure, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Dear Jlivny,

thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I’m very sorry that you did not feel like you are at home away from home during your stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies. Of course nothing can replace the actual home, but we try to make you feel as comfortable as possible with our sense of hospitality :-)

For your next stay you might should try the balcony rooms on the 5th floor, besides a nice size they have a really nice view across the skyline of Frankfurt.

I hope to welcome you again here at "the Heimat".

With best regards from "the Heimat",