1,858 results
All reviews river view the club lounge main river bit dated train station corner room superior room breakfast buffet large room business trip comfortable hotel main station ihg concierge signatures renovation television
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel located not exactly in the downtown but very close to it. Just 7 -10 minutes from the central station, close to the Main River.

Services are great!
Rooms - standard European sizes.
Overall quality is excellent.

In summer, it is better to take city view, less sun and it is more chilly.

People at the hotel are very friendly.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Dear Guest Talgat D,
Thank you so much for your honoring feedback.We will gladly share your comments with our team.
It was a pleasure for us to serve you and we promise to make your next stay a thoroughly enjoyable one.
With best regards to Chicago
Martin Driskell, General Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My impression is that the hotel team is interested in big bosses clients. People that asked limousine services...etc.

The team isn't interested in 'normal clients.

Add to that the problem with the room card. All the time that you try to open the door you must return to the reception to confirm that you are you... They asked for security reasons ....

And the taxi drivers that worked for the hotel don't accept if you go to a place near the hotel. They only work for big distances....

A very poor work and reception.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elisabete F
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Elisabete F,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am very sorry for the disappointment you had with the service you received from our staff and also the inconvenience your key card have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Being an IHG member my husband and I decided to stay here as jump off for our Central European trip. We arrived from our 7am long haul flight with of course no room available. BUT for a Euro 40 fee we were able to get a room right away. We decided to just take it as the room itself was relatively inexpensive anyway. Still I was not too happy about it. I know it has been about 8 months since I've stayed in a member hotel but I was still hoping for a better deal as I have achieved gold status in the past.

It was the smallest Intercontinental Hotel room I've ever stayed in. The bathroom in particular was tiny. But since we were staying just overnight, it was fine. Plus they gave us a room with a river view.

The good part is the hotel is a few minutes walk to Romerberg. You can pretty much walk to everywhere actually. We just had to tie taxis as it was raining that day we were there.

Still because of this hotel, I may just stop staying in IHG hotels for a while. It was ok but I was not that happy.

Room tip: ask for one with a view of the Danube
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ManilaGingersnap
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Hello ManilaGingersnap!

It is always good to hear from one of our valued IHG Rewards Club members. I'm glad to see from your ratings that you were able to have a good night's sleep. It's also good to know that our prime location was convenient for your itinerary in the area. On the other hand, I'm very sorry to learn that there were issues with the expanse of your room and early check in charge. I know we are capable of providing a much more seamless guest experience than the one you described.

We regret that we were not able to make up for any inconvenience experienced before you checked out of the hotel. Thus, your feedback is taken on board to be used as a material in the continued training our entire hotel team.

It is always a pleasure serve you. It is patrons such as yourself to whom we owe the success of our establishment. Thank you for choosing to stay with us among your many accommodation options in the area. I hope that we can win back your heart back and try us again.

Warmest Regards,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I have stayed in the hotel for 2 nights for a sports event.

Pros:
+ location is really great - walking distance from the city centre and U-bahn
+ very comfortable bed

Cons:
- stuff in the rooms is pretty old - it seems to remember 90s or even 80s
- acustic insulation of rooms is really bad - you hear people in the next room walking (without shoes), talking, receiving texts and even opening fridge
- my room got cleaned despite "do not disturb" ...
- reception is not well informed on things
- breakfest choice is relatively poor (and for 5* it is veeery poor)

If it were a 2* hotel it were okay, but since it is a 5* hotel in a European city one would expect much more.

Overpriced and not recommended.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank GrzegorzS395
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear Guest Grzegorz S,
First of all, thank your constructive feedback. Your impressions are extremely valuable to us and we take points of criticism very seriously. It is thanks to our guests sharing their impressions with us that we are able to constantly improve our services and customer satisfaction. We will take up your points and assure you that necessary measures will be taken.
Hoping to get an opportunity to prove our service.
With best regards, Martin Driskell, General Manager

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Whilst rooms are comfortable and spotless, they do feel a bit dated in orange, green and brown. That said, the bed is incredibly comfortable and the bathroom comes with decent set of complimentary toiletries. Meeting rooms are great and refreshments seem to magically appear every time you leave the room. The true stars are the staff though. From door men and reception staff to waiters and cleaners, everyone is extraordinarily polite, helpful and friendly. Restaurant staff were particularly attentive.

Room tip: Ask for a view of the river
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest FuguForever,
Thank you for your good rating and detailed review We hope you had a good journey back to home and we can once again welcome you as our guest. With best regards Martin Driskell, General Manager