1,839 results
All reviews river view the club lounge main river bit dated train station breakfast buffet superior room large room business trip comfortable hotel main station ihg concierge signatures renovation euro conference
Reviewed 11 November 2015

Hotel is typical Intercontinental with a comfortable interior, but a bit out of date. It is very 80ish in the decor and colours.
Stayed in a junior suite with a nice view. The room is very well appointed, with pleasant furniture and comfy beds.
Only tried the breakfast restaurant, which is also OK with a large buffet.
The staff is really polite and helpful, although the reception tends to be understaffed so some waiting time can occur when checking in/out.

In all it was a pleasant experience and I really wouldn't mind coming back.

Room Tip: High room floors have excellent views
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jan_Bache
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2015

Dear Guest Jan_Bache,
Thank you so much for your detailed review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.
With best regards Martin Driskell, General Manager

Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

Took my son to Germany for first time. Started out in Frankfurt. Great location very close to the river. Service is superb and the bar and staff are great. Jennifer at the bar is wonderful person and always fun to talk to. Would always recommend this hotel.
SW

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Dear Guest Swelker,

What else can I say than THANK YOU for such nice compliment.
I will gladly share your nice words with my team. I hope you will not let us wait too long to welcome you and yur family again at our hotel.
With best regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2015 via mobile

The hotel is located at a splendid location right next to the international railway station station and the river. All the tourist locations and main offices are at 15 min walking distance.

The room are comparatively small to 5 star standards and the surprising thing they charge you a lot for internet.

Tip- Become a IHG club member online and you will get free internet and some free stuff as well. Membership joining is free online.

Room service cost is our of the roof. The staff is polite and helpful through. Only problem is the exploiting policy of the hotel.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank DavidVeb
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2015

Dear Guest DavidVeb,

First of all I would like to thank you for your honest review on your stay. Our goal is to deliver the perfect service and I very much regret that we did not succeed. We appreciate your feedback and I will discuss it with our Management Team Hope to welcome you back soon! With best regards, Martin Driskell, General Manager InterContinental Frankfurt

Reviewed 24 October 2015

This hotel is not 5 stare
swiming pool is under construction now
breakfast is exelent
the room and bathroom is very small and it is old hotel
near the zeil shopping mall and Romer(old town of Frankfurt)

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
IC-Frankfurt, General Manager at InterContinental Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

Dear Guest Sobhan2015,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the room conditions. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 22 October 2015

On my latest trip to Belgium and Frankfurt, the InterContinental was my final hotel, and the most disappointing of the bunch. I was here for business so it was a corporate booking.

Location is fine: right along the river so good access for boat tours, near to the train station (7-8 min walk) and a quick cab ride to the Sachsenhausen neighborhood, which is one of the more charming areas of the city.

There was a bit of a wait for check in, as only two people were assisting guests, but the front desk person was very welcoming and apologetic. I did receive free wi-fi access since I am an IHG member, and got a nice welcome gift of mints.

My room was ok: felt very humid and musty, and with a request not to open the window, even AC couldn't completely rid the heavy feeling in the room. Bathroom was on the smaller size (I am very partial to a large bathroom). Furnishings felt a bit old, stuffy, faded and dated.

Breakfast in the dining area was included in our corporate booking, and the assortment of food was diverse and plentiful.

Staff on the whole were just fine: outside of the bartenders and waiters and front desk staff, no one stood out as having particularly great service, but there was little complain about there.

It's just on the whole there's no real feeling to the hotel at all, no atmosphere, charm, excitement, and while staff was competent, rooms were drab and unappealing. There was little soul in the stay. Overall, this hotel is just fine, but for me, was disappointing as the clear worst of the bunch during my European stay. I would not elect to stay here personally.

Stayed: October 2015

Dear Guest Inspiredexplorer,
As an IHG® Rewards Club Member, we truly value your feedback.
We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.