All reviews business district quiet street nice hotel minute walk the main train station central location westend germany
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Had a bug in our room and when complained the reception lady was implying that I was crazy and seeing ghosts. Transferred to another room when had to let the water run for 30m to have a hit shower. blankets are tiny, room is small and the kitchen staff don't even know what they're serving. Took them 4 days to find out that the bread is vegan. Reception staff are not familiar with the surroundings. Absolutely terrible experience!!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Andrea L, General Manager at Savigny Hotel Frankfurt City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear rpllhl,
I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay in our hotel. Unfortunately, due to urgent maintenance work on our water tanks we did not have sufficient alternative rooms available to show you or to move you into. I believe that there was a miscommunication between the reception staff and yourself in regards to your sightings. I apologize for this and hope you will give us another chance to prove that we are not shy of any efforts to satisfy our guests.
Best regards
Andrea Loerdemann
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Personnel is rude to point. Breakfast hardly ok. Bed too hard. Curtains won't block the light. Bathroom is disgusting: mouldy, long hair in the bathtub and on the towels. TV doesn't work. A rip-off! Spend your money somewhere else.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JulienL1592
Reviewed 31 October 2017

Located in the business district of Frankfurt. The room was ok, but the bed is small and not comfortable al all (my colleague though had different experience). Breakfast is great with wide selecton in cold and hot buffet

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I stayed here in a first floor room for 4 nights for a trade show at the Messe Frankfurt so prices were pretty high and prepayment was required. I suspect many business travelers would choose this hotel due to its proximity to both the main train station and the Messe. Overall the hotel is ok but multiple small annoyances all taken together made the stay only average/below average.

The good:
~15-20 min walk from Hauptbahnhof
~15-20 min walk from Messe Frankfurt.
Breakfast variety was good, lobby is nice.

The little bad things that added up:
First night (Monday) I had dinner in the hotel restaurant. This was the night before the start of a busy trade fair week and I’m sure the Savigny was fully booked. There was only one woman serving the entire restaurant – taking orders, bringing drinks/food, settling bills, clearing tables. She was running place to place trying to do everything. I waited a while for my food but I wasn’t upset since I felt bad that she had no support.

There were only 2 light switches for my room. One controls the bathroom lights, the other turns on/off all the lights in the room. I could not figure out how to only turn on the bedside lamps without turning on all the overhead lighting.

Pumps for shampoo/soap in the shower did not work. Tried to fix them but eventually had to open them up and take the soap off the pump’s tube as they were bolted to the shower wall. I’m sure I got plenty of shower water into the bottles as a result.
However, the soap pump for the sink worked fine so it's not like this couldn't have been checked/fixed when they refill the soap.

No work desk – just a small antique looking desk with multiple tiny drawers barely deep enough for my laptop.

No kettle or any option to make tea or coffee for yourself in your room. No tea or coffee in the room or in any common areas.

They give you individual username/passwords for the wifi but many times when my phone or computer slept/turned off, you would need to log in again. If you did not have the slip of paper with the wifi information handy, no wifi for you.

2 lamps (floor lamp and desk lamp) didn’t work. My room was partially underground. It had a window but pedestrians/traffic were at about eye level. Room stays fairly dark during the day.

TV guide said there were 4 English TV channels but two of them were blank screens. So the choices were Bloomberg Europe on loop, or France 24 (English) on loop.

Suitcase rack would have been nice. My room only had a small, irregularly shaped closet with 2 drawers and some shelves. I put my small suitcase on one of the shelves to keep the floor clear and had to pull it out every time I needed something.

A small information guide in the room would have also been nice: what are the breakfast, lunch, dinner hours? When is check in/check out? Are irons/ironing boards available? Is there room service? Are there amenities I should know about (other than the mani-pedi/massage ad posted in my bathroom)?

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank TerencetheCat
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Middle class hotel and quite old, not really a 4 star category but it is quiet and clean, also the price is reasonable. The breakfast is good, ample choices and they are serving omelette and other egg freshly made to order.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple