4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$392
steigenberger.com$392
Lol.travel$467
2,770 results
All reviews classic hotel grand deluxe room excellent hotel five star hotel breakfast buffet an upgrade room was large business trip mini bar train station frankfurters oscars spa concierge luxury germany euros
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 December 2019 via mobile

Rich Casual and relaxed atmosphere,European of a German style menu, portions quite filling,for someone like me is too filling,the pumpkin soup makes a great start to a meal in cold weather.
Service is in tune with the hotel standards.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Sahar K
FrankfurterHof, Manager at Steigenberger Icon Frankfurter Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2019

Dear guest,
thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is great to read you enjoyed the stay.

Reviewed 4 December 2019

I stayed at Steigenberger Frankfurt Hof for 3 nights in a deluxe double room as a solo traveller.
It is a beautiful hotel in a great location: within walking distance to many attractions, restaurants and shops.
My room was quiet, very clean, with a comfortable bed, and a bathroom with all amenities needed. There are no tea/coffee making facilities.
There were great options for breakfast in the Hofgarten- a more than adequate selection of food and drinks served by friendly staff.
The restaurants at this hotel serve wonderful meals. I was fortunate enough to have dinner at both Oscar's and a Michelin Star dinner at Francais.
There is a spa and sauna which I recommend.
I would like to thank the staff who were always friendly, professional and welcoming and made my stay a pleasure.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: I stayed in a deluxe double room which was lovely.
Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Laurie G

Dear guest,
we are glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay and we thank you for this posting-especially about our staff.
Please do return soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 3 December 2019 via mobile

I tried two 5-star hotels in Frankfurt. This one is very disappointed. I chose this hotel because of the historic building. I booked a deluxe room as I preferred to have more space. Once I entered to the room, there was a strong cigarette smell. So I went down to reception again. They told me that there’s only one more room left. The other room was small, smelly and looked old. That’s no choice and I had to take the original one and opened all the windows to get the smells away. They gave me an option to upgrade my room to new renovated room but charge €50 more. It’s a trick to earn money?!
The location of the hotel is OK. The staff is a bit below standard. The breakfast is OK for a 5 star hotel.
Honestly, it’s an over-priced hotel with totally unacceptable cigarette smells in the room with poor management with this. I personally will not choose this hotel if I go to Frankfurt again. On the contrary, I had wonderful stay in Jumeirah Frankfurt.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank markwwl

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your detailed remarks. Please rest assured that our guests’ feedback is of highest importance to us.

Reviewed 19 November 2019 via mobile

Despite the service at the bar I personally found stuffy and too much the hotel overall was very good. Rooms, food, location and price were all reasonable. I was visiting for a Pharma Congress and to say the least things were chaotic because the hotel was over booked. Under a different occasion I would go again

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
FrankfurterHof, Manager at Steigenberger Icon Frankfurter Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2019

Dear guest,
thank you for taking your time to post a review on your recent stay at the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2019

Just checked-out after a 5 night stay here and honestly just feel like the prices here are a bit too high for what is actually offered and the level of service. I had pre-paid (a large amount!) for a Grand Deluxe Room expecting to be wowed, and honestly was disappointed with the room as it was really dark and faced an office building with no view. I was confused as I thought the Grand Deluxe rooms are supposed to have a decent outlook over the city. The room was ok but nothing special for that price. Maybe I had the wrong room?? There is no pool in the spa area, just a couple steam rooms and a sauna, and book your appointments ahead of time because they seem to have very limited availability and only offer certain spa services on certain days. Also, I had a few interactions with the staff that were quite awkward and rude. I’m a businesswoman who often travels alone, and when I arrived the bellman said to me: “where is your husband? Is he in your suitcase?!” Maybe a bit of a joke at my large suitcase but also totally inappropriate and sexist. Upon check-out, the concierge lectured me quite rudely for wanting to leave earlier than planned for the airport, for my trans-Atlantic flight, because it meant he had to phone my pre-booked taxi and ask them to come earlier or cancel. He informed me that I was being “not very nice” in doing so, even though it was just a regular taxi (not a hired car service or anything) and stated that the taxi driver had probably planned their whole morning around my 20-minute ride to the airport, and again that I’m a horrible person for needing to leave earlier. Totally inappropriate way to talk to a guest who just dropped over $4,000.00 at your hotel. Also, watch your mini bar bill - mine had over a page of false charges ( and I know they are false because they were all alcoholic beverages and I don’t drink). They removed the charges when I noticed it but how do you issue an entire page of false charges for someone who only stayed a few nights?? I wouldn’t stay here again and probably wouldn’t recommend it.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank SuzanneCb
FrankfurterHof, Manager at Steigenberger Icon Frankfurter Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2019

Dear guest,
I am deeply sorry that your experience at our hotel will not remain in good memory – thank you for sharing this and please do accept my apologies. I can assure you that constructive feedback is of special importance to us because it helps us to enhance our service quality.

Having discussed the details of the stay internally, we feel very reassured that your feedback has been taken seriously. I would be very grateful if you accepted my deep apologies and contacted me directly for future reservations. It would be my utmost pleasure to take personally care of it and fulfil your wishes.

Hoping to hearing from you in the near future, I remain for today