“Best breakfast in Europe.”
Review of Hotel Concorde

Hotel Concorde
Ranked #10 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Melbourne, Australia
“Best breakfast in Europe.”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This hotel is very close to the train station which is handy if you arrive/depart from the train station or want a hooker (its very close to the red light district). Its with in walking distance to number of major sights and the business district. The hotel had one of the best breakfasts I've ever had at a hotel, lots of cheese and cured meet as well as the usual stuff. The hotel offered good discreet service and the rooms were funky and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sam M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bethesda
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I picked Hotel Concorde out of a list of 4-star hotels near Frankfurt's central station. I just wanted a no-smoking room with internet. The Concorde turned out to be a whole lot more than that. The room was small, but it was beautifully , cleverly designed and appointed like boutique hotels that cost many times more. Examples: a porthole in the bathroom door gives you natural light, not the flourescent with a fan atmosphere; a fabulously designed cup and saucer for the free coffee. Novel, but comfortable furniture -- a hassock serves as a desk chair, for example -- and a big window that opened. All for a price that was more than fair. The experience was so nice that I will be disposed to get my next flight to Europe via Frankfurt.

Room Tip: I just took what they gave me. It was on the street, but if I closed the window, it was quiet. But I...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank JaneHBethesda
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My colleagues and I stay at Hotel Concorde whenever we are in Frankfurt on business or holiday. I am there several times a year. At this point, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

I always end up flying into Frankfurt early in the morning. With advance notice, the awesome team at Hotel Concorde always has my room ready early. I don't know anywhere else in Germany where they don't tell me to come back at 3PM and maybe my room will be ready then. I've even had to attend meetings without getting a shower after a long international flight. Not at Hotel Concorde. The one time I forgot to tell them I was arriving early, they went out of their way to make sure there was at least one room ready we could each use to get a shower. And they managed to get rooms for the whole team ready less than one hour later.

It's great to arrive and actually know the people at the desk of a hotel. And they remember you too. They appear to have virtually zero turnover at the front desk. The people are extremely friendly and accommodating. It feels like they have real ownership in their jobs and go out of their way to make you feel at home. If you are lucky, "Z" will be working - a super-nice guy who knows all the places to go in Frankfurt. Z completely changed my outlook on what I used to think was a boring place to go on business. Now I go to Frankfurt for vacation. Once you know where to go, it's a really fun and interested place.

The location of Hotel Concorde is also perfect. Being right by the main train station, I even use the hotel as an airport hotel. It literally takes longer on the shuttles from airport hotels than it does to just take the S-bahn to the airport from the main train station. Plus, the hotel is easy walking distance from Frankfurt old town, a place full of great restaurants, bars and other entertainment. Just ask the friendly people at the front desk and they'll give you a map and directions.

All the rooms are recently remodeled and very comfortable. I recommend booking a deluxe room (or suite) that is only slightly more expensive but very large and well appointed. And you get a huge shower, which is important for me since I'm a tall guy and don't fit in a lot of hotel showers in Europe.

I saw a comment that a traveler had difficulty getting to the hotel from the train station. It can be a pain if you go above ground. But look for the U-bahn signs just before you leave the main exit/entrance of the station. It'll take you underground to tunnels that avoid the roads etc. Go down, go left and look for the Karl Strasse exit. You'll pop out right by the hotel.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and recently renovated, but regular rooms might be considered small by people not...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank Jeff G
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
Reviewed 22 April 2012

It was a great stay!... the manager Mr. Mario and also Erica were both very kind and they were always trying to make the stay more comfortable.
I'm glad we chose this hotel, we definitely recommend it!.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank UlisesMartins
mariolandes, Manager at Hotel Concorde, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear UlisesMartins,

thanks very much for your comment an recommendation, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay and it would be a great pleasure for us to see you again.

With best regards

Mario Landes
Oakland, California
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I found this hotel to be very near the train station and it had a great rate so I booked it. When I got out of the Hauptbanhoff, I was a little disoriented and couldn't get across the street to where I knew the hotel was. The rail and all the traffic pushed me a block past where the hotel was. I finally got oriented and found my way to the hotel.
Check in was easy and I crammed my and my bags into their tiny elevator and made my way up to my room. Room was tiny but nice.
My only complaint about the hotel comes from their maid service on 2 occasions, my room was entered while I was in it without the person getting permission to enter. The first time I got one knock and before I could respond, the maid came in. The second time, there wasn't even a knock. Both times they wanted to check the state of the mini-bar. Not a big emergency n my book, but they seemed to think it was important to get into my room without checking to see if it was okay with me. Both times they told me to put my Do Not Disturb sign. Please note that there are no latches on the doors to lock your door from the inside.
I reported the first incident and was comped 2 items from the mini bar. The second time I did not report it until I checked out. I did not receive compensation for it.
The front desk staff was very helpful. Z recommended a nice apple wine bar to me (Adolf Wagner) and the others were very friendly as well.
This hotel is a good block away from the RLD and the junkie cafes. I avoided making a left after leaving the hotel because it was as if you entered the zombie apocalypse if you did, with all the drug users out and about. Make a right towards the train station to avoid that nastiness.
Overall my stay was nice. It was as if I was the only one in the hotel, aside from the staff.
I would recommend this hotel. Remember to put your Do Not Disturb sign on your door if you do not want to be barged in on.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank jcardona15
mariolandes, Manager at Hotel Concorde, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear jcardona15,

thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am very sorry, that you have been disturbed twice during your stay.
Just a information for your next stay (I hope we will see you again): There is a lock on the inside of the door, which deactivates the keys of the room-maids, so nobody can enter the room, even without the "Do not disturb"-sign on the door.
Please tell us next time about this incident and we will compensate you for that.

Best regards