All reviews police station frankfurt hbf central station free wifi breakfast staff directly across the street minute walk nice hotel main frankfurt great shower single room air conditioning stayed here for nights rooms are clean comfortable stay breakfast was excellent excellent location
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

After being on the road for the past three weeks and having stayed in numerous hotels in Japan and France, I can at last write a heartfelt review of one hotel tht I actually enjoyed. This is it! A really unexpected find from looking at TripAdvisor’s reviews. Unexpected because hotels that are conveniently located near main train stations are by and large dodgy and crappy. But this hotel is welcoming despite it being just opposite the train station, at the quieter end (Poststrasse). The room had timber flooring n a large window which brought in light making the room cheery. The decor is tasteful, beds comfortable, and with free breakfast and wifi. What more does one need? Oh yes, the staff are very helpful and extremely friendly. I usually avoid Frankfurt city if I have an overnight stay and choose to stay in airport hotels in Frankfurt Flughafen instead. I believe that I don’t need to do this anymore as this hotel is just as (if not more) convenient and certainly much less depressing than an airport hotel! Thank you, Hamburger Hof.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank thelitmustest
JSManagerGR, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Hamburger Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear thelitmustest,

I want to personally thank you for your lovely feedback. I am so thrilled that your stay with us exceeded your expectations. Here at the Hotel Hamburger Hof we provide an experience not matched by surrounding hotels. We are spectacular but what makes us even more special is our warm and attentive staff. We will always go above and beyond to ensure guest satisfaction and I am so happy that you could appreciate that during your stay with us.

We look forward to hosting you during your next trip.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

This was my fourth visit to Hotel Hamburger Hof, I stay here whenever I am in Frankfurt! The hotel is smart, comfortable and clean; a lovely buffet breakfast is included. Don't let the hotel's location near the main train station put you off! It is down a very quiet side street near the Frankfurt Hbf across from a police station, and it is fantastically located for catching public transport to the airport (or for catching the tram to the Freibad Stadion outdoor public pool as I like to do). There are lovely restaurants and a supermarket close by, and the staff are always helpful with recommendations and directions. I love this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank SCA2010

Dear SCA2010,

In behalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for your loyalty and positive feedback. We are thrilled to read that we are your go-to Hotel whenever you are in Frankfurt. Our staff tries their very best to provide you with the best service possible and we are therefore very happy to learn that we are able to keep on delivering that during your several stays with us.

We can't wait to welcome you back for the fifth time.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

This is a unexpectedly good hotel, right across the street from the Frankfurt train station. It took us less than five minutes to walk from our train platform to the hotel lobby, which was a real plus when we had to be at the station the next day. Its proximity allowed us to have a nice breakfast and relax a bit, rather than having to hurry to get there early.

The breakfast was wonderful, with a helpful, friendly staff who kept it stocked well, and the pastry desserts were excellent.

The rooms are rather small, but that didn't take anything away from our experience. The A/C worked well (we were there in June), but we found that opening the windows gave us a wonderful breeze. Not much of a view from our room, but again, that didn't matter much to us. We stayed two nights.

Overall, we really liked our experience there!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear John D,

Let me start with thanking you for your very detailed review. We are very happy that your stay exceeded your expectations and that we could convince you of our very central location as well as our breakfast offering. The biggest compliment is that you were so satisfied with our staff. We pride ourselves on our service first and are so happy that you felt that while you were here.

The entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2018

very clean, well equipped, and very nice and beautiful hospitality. The location is wonderful right next to the main train station of Frankfurt. close the the city center very convenient location u can either take a little walk to the Romer Square or by the underground both ways are very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Laura L,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. I am thrilled that you left our hotel with such great impressions. Our location is indeed very convenient and I am glad you could appreciate that.

We can't wait to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

We really enjoyed Frankfurt and loved the hotel. We were within a 2 minute walk of the train station which was very convenient since we took a couple of day trips outside the city. The staff at the hotel was terrific--- they were both nice and informative, and we especially enjoyed conversations with Mario at the front desk.

The rooms were small but very comfortable, Breakfast was very nice.

In addition to seeing a little of the city and going to a castle, we also went to a really wonderful park along the river which had basketball courts, small soccer courts and a skate park and we got to play bball with locals for a couple of hours.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear mrosenkranz25,

I want to personally thank you for your lovely feedback. I am so thrilled you enjoyed Frankfurt and your stay with us. Our hotel is spectacular but what makes us so special is our warm and attentive staff. We will always go above and beyond to ensure guest satisfaction and I am so happy that you could appreciate that during your stay with us.

We can't wait to have you back!