All reviewsjimmy's barleading hotels of the worldgrand hotelwalk in closetcomplimentary mini barclassic hotelgreat hotelwelcome drinkbreakfast buffet isexecutive roomlarge bathroomsteam roombusiness trip to frankfurtroom servicean upgradelobby barskyline plaza
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Great hotel - Messe station (which is one stop from the Main Station) is located right to the hotel which can take you all over the city including the airport.

Staff was friendly and accommodating - we arrived 6 hrs early and were able to check in.

Although we didn’t use it, the minibar in the room had free refreshments and condiments inside. We also received a voucher for the hotel bar but did not have a chance to use that either. Nice added bonuses for travelers.

Pro- cost effective, Jimmy’s Bar next door, outstanding breakfast buffet and accommodating staff.

Room tip- if you don’t like hard beds, ask for a mattress topper

Room Tip: Room tip- if you don’t like hard beds, ask for a mattress topper
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2018

I had to attend a conference so I chose this hotel for the convenient location. However, such a poor choice. In the photos it look nice, but when I entered the room I went back in time 25-30 years in a three star hotel. Unbelievable how such a place gets 5 stars. Old furniture, old carpets, the desk must have been at least 30 years old... the front desk staff is nice but cannot really compensate for such a poor room experience. As a luxury 5* hotel owner myself, I only have one advice: invest some money to get back to 5* standards... you cannot only earn without investing...you can no longer fool guests with your long-gone 'fame'

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Diana P
HESSISCHER_HOF, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Grandhotel Hessischer Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Diana P,

many thanks for your recent stay at the Grandhotel Hessischer Hof in May and your important feedback.
We are very sorry that you had an unpleasent experience with your room and we take your notes very seriously.
Since the end of June and until the beginning of September, this room and hotel wing are already in the renovation phase. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Grandhotel Hessischer Hof to create a better experience and a more relaxable stay for you. If you have any further inquiries and wishes, please feel free to contact me directly at any time.

Best greetings from Frankfurt

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Very much in the tradition of the grand hotels of Europe. The rooms are large and the bathroom is modern and also large. The staff is friendly and accommodating. I found the room furnishings to be a bit outdated and could do with a refresh. Enjoyed breakfast in the hotel dining where they have a la carte or a morning buffet. A business hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank 141Dini
HESSISCHER_HOF, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Grandhotel Hessischer Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Guest,

so many thanks for your kind feedback and stay with us. It is our most important goal to welcome you with a personal note and hospitality and even more during the next week we will finalizing our rooms in the west wing with a refurbish update for a comfortable and luxury stay which you can expect from us.
We would be pleased to welcome you back very soon at the Grandhotel Hessischer Hof.

Best greetings from Frankfurt

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I travel to Frankfurt for business fairly often and over the years I have always made it a point to stay at the Hessischer Hof. The service is top notch, always professional, friendly and helpful, and the front desk and service personnel greet me by name (I guess I'm there so frequently) which is a very nice touch. The rooms are spacious and most of all always very clean. There are sometimes a few hiccups, but they are addressed quickly and professionally. The relatively new spa facility and gym on-site is nice and convenient to use after a long day. As mentioned by others, the breakfast spread is generous and high-quality, with friendly service. This is not a cheap hotel, but if you are looking for a well-run, high quality and comfortable hotel in a convenient location, the Hessischer Hof is my choice. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

we are very happy to have you with us as our regular guest - staying at the Grandhotel Hessischer Hof so often - MANY THANKS for your loyalty!
Furthermore we appreciate your positive feedback and even our entire team were very impressed by your remarks - our efforts and biggest goal is 100% guest satisfaction and we look forward to serve you again very soon in Frankfurt.

Best wishes

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Beautiful and large rooms, very elegant, excellent service, very friendly personnel, very good breakfast in a beautiful room. The junior suites are a bit too dark for my taste. The hotel is very quiet (especially in the rear part of the building) even if not far from the central station. I am a non-smoker and I did not like the smokers‘ bar.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Dear Stefano,

many thanks for chosing our hotel for your recent stay in Frankfurt and your important feedback. I am very sure to find a suitable room (other nice suites) with your future stay and in the evening you can also sit in our wintergarden (non-smoking area) to enjoy drinks and snacks from Jimmy´s bar.
Best greetings and see you soon...