A very new and good hotel. Walking distance to the train station- even in January cold we didnt have much difficulty in walking down till the station. And- this is actually on the other side if the red light district- so we found the location quite good.The few points for this hotel:
- no restaurant in hotel, the dining area is only for breakfast
- no mini bar in room
- no bath tub, though the bathing area is quite ok, and seperate from WC
- Big, spacious rooms- specially from European standard
- Internet even though chargeable- really cheap- 1 euro/ half hour or 5 eur/day.
- no fancy breakfast, but good enough to fill in and start your day. For free- this is good enough really.
- walking distance to the main train station, and NOT in the direct viscinity or red light area.
- no business centre, if you need any print outs- mail them to hotel staff and they print it through their computer
Could have given it much better rating, except for the fact that when i checked in, the lady at the reception really irritated me off! She started asking me Eur 25/day (for 7 days) more money for the 3rd traveller, while I had already booked the rates for a triple room!! Even showed her the copy of the letter issued by her hotel staff.... But she was adamant and all three of us had to wait until I took out my laptop, searched through all the previous mails and finally had to show her the copy of the booking with the rates details. All this took nearly 20-30 min, while my parents kept waiting! When I reflect back, I think if she had doubt, may be she sould have checked us in the room and adviced me to clear this matter later- it could have been much more smooth and convinient that ways.
Though I must admit, apart from this one instance during check in, the staff was in general nice. I suggest keep all- each and every page of you booking confirmations handy while entering this hotel. Else you never know what they may be upto!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof. In the heart of Frankfurt, next to the “main station Frankfurt“, the new Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof Hotel recently opened in March 2011. Just a few minutes walk to the city centre and famous sights of Frankfurt like the Opera Frankfurt, the Staedel Museum, the German Museum of Architecture, the Goethe House or St. Leonhards’ Church. The Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhofis the perfect place to stay to discover the famous business city Frankfurt am Main. Our 116 comfortable air-conditioned, non smoking bedrooms, with flat screen colour TV, offer a telephone, a safe, high speed Wi-Fi internet connectivity, hairdryer and tea and coffee making facilities. Our continental breakfast buffet is included. We have integrated the dynamic philosophy of the Holiday Inn Express brand into the meetings sector and look forward to your request for a professionally run conference. 1 modern meeting room, 25m² with air conditioning is available for your meeting.We are looking forward to your visit at the Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt City Hauptbahnhof Hotel Frankfurt