See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 October 2018

The Hotel location is good, reception staff are so helpful & smiley all the time, room size was fine, clean, but is so warm, there is no air condition in the room but there was a small fan, breakfast was good, it's close to Zoo subway station, about 5 min walk, there's some cafe's & restaurants near the hotel.

Overall good hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel is clean and location is fine but the customer service is very poor!!! but it could be a racial thing as I had this stupid man yelling me at me because I asked for guidance on how to get to the airport before 5am. A night before he suggested to take a taxi for €25 -30 but when I came to reception area next day I spoke to his colleague who then suggested I take tram 11 to central then get on train to the airport. He came in started yelling at both of us telling me come back later and I will talk to you. When I went back he started saying I don't understand what is wrong with you I told you to take a taxi to which I replied I just need to understand other if I have other cheaper options. While he was looking for other options, he started yelling internet works upstairs then weirdly he then started asking about my background like where I'm from? To which I replied England then he said you're black are you African? l don't understand how my race has anything to do with options getting to airport

When he finally printed off other options & explained it to me. I asked if by any chance I consider taking a taxi, what do I do? Do I ring from my room to request for one or do I come downstairs? He starts yelling in Germany "time is money" so I should stop waiting his time.

Oh my wifi hasn't worked since I got here!! This is my first hotel review because I tend to make the best of every single situation or see the best out of everything!! But this dude really need to check himself...

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Angella N
Reviewed 21 March 2018

I was in Frankfurt with my wife and her mother. We do travel together sometimes and we have been in some issues when requesting a room for 3 in hotels. But not in Arena am Zoo. This was the very first hotel that delivered EXACTLY what we have requested: one couple bed and one single bed. Both of them tidy and ready for the stay. Believe me, many other places were not successful in reaching this requirement. Besides that, this hotel is very well located, very close to the Zoo subway station and to tram stations at both ends of the street, so it was very easy to travel around the city. Cafes and restaurants are close, also is a supermarket. If you want to walk a little bit more, you can even easily reach the Zeil and the margin of the Main river. The location of the hotel is also very quite, the staff is there 24/7 and they are really sympathetic and helpful. The facilities are very nice, the hotel is very clean. I would strongly recommend this hotel for your stay in Frankfurt.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Marcus H
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I stayed here on my arrival night in Germany. The location was good from the airport and highway to see a corner of Frankfurt and be able to get on the autobahn the next morning.
The hotel itself is recently remodeled. The design is very clean. I was there in June during a heat wave, so lack of air conditioning made getting comfortable for sleeping a little difficult, probably not an issue most of the year.
Location was central enough that you could walk to a shopping district with plenty of places to eat.
Room price was affordable.

Room tip: Try to get a room not on the main street. No AC so be careful in summer.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2017

The rooms are a decent size by local standards and are well appointed. The location was good as there are Ubahn and Sbahn stations within a short walk. Römer is about a 20 minute walk away as well and you can catch one of several city tour buses from there. The available breakfast was good and the staff were friendly. There was unseasonably hot weather during our stay; the hotel provided table-top fans for guests as most hotels do not have air conditioning.

Date of stay: May 2017