“Gorgeous hotel”

Roomers
Ranked #11 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 April 2012

What a delight! Upon our arrival we were greeted with complimentary sparkling wine and a very friendly staff eager to please. What a way to start our stay! Our room was very modern and chic. Dark colors and warm light. What really sets Roomers apart is the amazing spa and breakfast spread. There is a complimentary spa located on the top floor. It has saunas, a jacuzzi and massage tubs filled with smooth stones. We spent an evening enjoying "our personal" spa. The breakfast spread was out of this world. I couldn't believe all the choices from gourmet cheeses, tropical fresh fruit, cereal, fresh yogurts, meats, eggs, anything you could possibly want was available. I am not usually a breakfast fan but Roomers set the made me a convert. This hotel is located close to the city central (about a ten minute walk from the Central Train Station) and has a popular bar and restaurant. Highly recommend Roomers for business travelers, couples, singles or friends traveling to Frankfurt. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ana4sc
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Roomers

Reviewed 25 March 2012

The roomers is not a hotel for everybody (i.e. families with kids), but for the hip, trendy, business or fun-seeking people, it's a must-stay.

Plusses
- Great lobby
- Nice, helpful staff, especially in the restaurant
- Bed is very comfortable
- Within walking distance to shopping, restaurants etc.
- Taxi stand across the street
- Room is dark, sexy. Easy to sleep in.
- Great hotel for couples
- Quiet. I didn't really hear people stomping in hallway etc.

Minuses
- Parking is difficult
- Shower is a bit tricky. Bathroom gets a bit flooded at times (they tried to fix this I think by having a very sticky door, but it's not working 100%)
- Standard room is a bit tiny. Not easy to find space for bigger suitcases.
- Great lighting options, but shouldn't be so difficult that you have to spend 15 minutes to figure it out. i.e. I couldn't figure out how to put the lights over the bed on, even though they were on when I entered the room.

On my next trip, I'll surely go here again. The breakfast options in the morning are fantastic too (allthough not included).

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed for two nights with business colleagues. All of us agreed that this is an excellent hotel.
The staff are all very friendly and extremely helpful, nothing seemed too much and everything was done with a smile.
The whole hotel is very "chic" and the lighting is dark, but this all adds to the calm and friendly atmosphere. The rooms are very comfortable and, after a bit of playing with the controls, your bedroom lighting can be set how you want it.
We managed to get a deal to include breakfast, this was delicious with a vast array of options, including vodka shots and oysters!
The bar was very good, with a lively atmosphere and very friendly bar staff, just beware that it can get noisy and smokey.
I would recommend this hotel to anybody, but probably not for travelers with children

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Well I am midway through my stay here at Roomers and I have to admit that I am very much enjoying my stay.
The design of the hotel is amazing, it has a very classy feel to it and I like the relaxed dim atmosphere.
There is one downside to the "Roomers" brand as such and probably due to the mixture of being in Frankfurt, near the red light district and the dim atmosphere of the hotel and as a result it seems to have a rather seedy reputation. I am on a business trip and when it was mentioned to my colleagues where I was staying, and some of the reactions were not very complimentary.
But I can easliy say that this just is not the case, the staff are wonderful and extremely helpful. Without meaning to be sexist the female staff are beautiful, and coming off a flight checking into a hotel at 10:30pm to be greeted to a glass of champagne and a beautiful smile is a great way to end an evening.
I've been a regular to the very impressive bar and there is not many places you can go on your own and still feel completely relaxed. I enjoy chats with the bar staff, and I have been fed up on many complimentary bar snacks. The bar does have a very extensive drinks list, The problem being some of these drinks are eye wateringly expensive!
I have read a few comments regarding how dark the rooms are, for these people I don't think they have familiarised themselves with the funky light switches which allows you to change the light ambience. I found turning on the normal setting and then turning the brightness fully up changed the room brightness to a normal room.

One issue I do seem to have a problem with my Air Conditioning and read on here that someone had a similiar issue, my room was very hot this morning and over the last few days I have been fighting with the air conditioning controls.

I will talk to reception and see what they can do for me. :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Anna O, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear leighb1980,

Wow- Thank you very much for the nice words. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. This is the way we want to treat our guests.
I hope my colleagues from the reception could solve the problem with the air condition.
We hope you will find a reason to visit Frankfurt again, we would be happy to welcoming you again soon.
Soon we going to start the Summer season on our terrace, it is such a wellness area.
Until then please “Spread the ROOMERS”. Take care.
Best wishes,

Pamela Hock
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 16 March 2012

From the moment you enter it feels like an experience. With your complimentary glass of rose champagne you notice chic settees and chaises facing a fireplace, while the reception side is dotted with modern chairs. The staff are courteous and knowledgable; no request seems too small. Our room was small, yet beautifully decorated with a black marble bathroom and a mirrored shower that I wanted to take home with me! The entire feel of the hotel is dark and sensuous. My one complaint would be easier lighting options. I had to use a flashlight anytime I needed something from the safe. When turning on the room lights they are always dimmed. I would prefer having it brighter with an option of turning the lights down. The gym was adequate with beautiful views. The bar cozy and again dark, which gave you the feeling of complete privacy. The restaurant is elegant and the food delicious. Dinner was lively and staff attentive. The 2nd morning the breakfast manager knew to bring us cappuccinos without us even ordering, and asked several questions pertaining to our conversations with him from the previous day. The staff and attention to detail are what make a hotel outstanding. We look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fifth floor and would recommend it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
MSROOMERS, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Roomers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear petalpage,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. It is great for us to receive feedback like yours to inspire and motivate the team to continue to meet and exceed our guests expectations.

The lighting system is pre-programmed with different settings; for example a make-up or shaving light in the bathroom area and a reading light in bed area. From the light panel you could also either turn on the light very bright or dim it according to your mood. I do apologise if you were not informed about this upon check-in.

It would be great to have you again at ROOMERS, should you visit Frankfurt again in the near future. Therefore please be so kind to contact me directly should you wish to book a room, in order for me to take care of the necessaries personally.

Until then I remain with best wishes,

Pamela Hock