All reviews central station hotel is an easy walk waffle machine clean functional rooms noisy road no tea coffee making minute walk reception and bar area tourist sites free wifi construction site main road air conditioning stag weekend parking facilities the upper floors within easy walking distance
Reviewed 10 September 2018

This hotel is more central than it looks. Only 10 mins if that from the central train station and you can be on the U2 in 5 minutes. Nice rooms. Breakfast good and if you want an evening meal it again is good.

Room Tip: South side are quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018

Check in went smooth and in a pleasant atmosphere. I was placed in a room on the 7th floor. The room itself was relatively spacious for IBIS standards.Moreover the bathroom had also a decent size.
The only drawback in this room was the low water pressure - something I experienced in other IBIS hotels on higher floors as well while other hotel chains do apparently not have this problem.
The breakfast was good. I would particularly advise any business traveler to get relatively early to breakfast in order to avoid the tourist buldge from 8am onwards.
All in all, I had a pleasant stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Stayed 3 nights. On the map it seemed as if the hotel was "far" from the train station and bus terminal but it was close. Modern and clean hotel where I would stay at again if visiting Hamburg. Good selection at the breakfast buffet (had lactose free yoghurt and gluten free bread) and had dinner once at the hotel. Left early the last morning and they offer an early breakfast if you have an early departure which I think is a good service.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Group of 14 guys on a stag weekend but being the oldest wanted my own room . Rest of the group stayed at the On us budget next door. When they were all checking in it was really hot and stuffy. Eventually found out that I was next door in the Ibis so went there with the guy that made the booking. Immediately could tell it was a superior hotel, it had air conditioning for one thing and much nicer reception. Speedy check in friendly helpful staff.
The room was a double with good comfortable beds, great shower which had plenty of space. Plenty of hanging space and shelves for clothes. Desk space and telephone. Hadn't opted for breakfast but €11 if I wanted it, not unreasonable.
Check out was midday but our taxis to the airport wasn't until 3.30 so asked if I could leave my case behind reception, not a problem and was locked in a secure room(the case, not me).

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel has a great location, especially if you come by car. Easily found and with a garage in the basement and a lift to take you up to the reception or up to your floor. Walking distance to the city center and a 10-12 Euro taxi ride to St. Pauli.

The rooms are nice and clean, delicate bathrooms with all you need. The staff is friendly and welcoming. For example, the bartender made us sandwiches just before midnight...

We stayed here two times on our road trip and we can really recommend it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple