ARCOTEL Rubin
CrownePlaza.com
US$ 204
US$ 190
  • Restaurant
Apartment-Hotel Hamburg Mitte(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 130
US$ 101
The Madison Hamburg(Hamburg)
US$ 208
US$ 197
Official Site
  • Pool
Ibis Budget Hamburg City(Hamburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 103
ibis Budget
US$ 172
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
All reviewscrystal barmain stationlange reihefree appleshotel is locatedlidl supermarketdodgy areanice hotelsuperior roomhotel bar isfour startrain stationflat screen tvsteam roomminute walkmini baran upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This has got to be one of the cleanest and quietest rooms i have ever stayed in. Never heard a single noise in the three days we stayed. Easy location from the central train station. Good breakfast,very good comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Nice hotel in a good location with a decent size room.

I turned up to the hotel a few hours too early and unfortunately they could not accommodate me. I found this very frustrating as I had been up since early hours and most four star hotels think about this.

Not far to go to reach the high street and Christmas markets and the hotel is right by the tube.

The room was nice and cleaned to a good standard. I did however book a room with a double bed an got two single beds, but I think this is a European thing.

I would stay here again if I had a later flight

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Rodrigo109
Benny R, Leiter Front Office at ARCOTEL Rubin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear guest,

thank you very much for being guest in our hotel and for your nice feedback.

Unfortunately your stay started with negative impressions and we apologize it. Due to the fact that our regulary chec-out time is at noon, we can not guarantee an early check-in but as allways we do our best to clean a room as soon as possible whenever a guest come before the regular check-in time of 3p.m.

We want to thank you also, for the nice words about our rooms.

We are looking forward seeing you soon again at the ARCOTEL Rubin

With kind regards

BENNY RITZMANN
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 28 January 2012

We booked this hotel for a short 4 day minibreak over a weekend. The hotel was easy to find near the main railway station and is conveniently located opposite a Lidl supermarket which is handy for freshly cooked croissants for breakfast. We stayed in a 'comfort' room on the second floor which was quiet, with no noise heard from other guests. There was a bit of noise from traffic outside and the aircon, but this didn't bother us.

We booked a double bed, but the room had two singles. Upon querying this, the receptionist advised all rooms were twin and the beds could be pushed together to make a double. Not entirely satisfactory and this should be pointed out on their website.

There is no wifi in rooms although there are three pcs for use in the reception area. There was a flat screen tv on the wall, although the screen size was a little small & it should be noted there are no tea and coffee facilities provided in this room class.

The good thing about the hotel is the location - it's next to an underground station and only 5 minutes walk from the main station, which connects directly to the airport. There are also some good restaurants nearby on the same street as the hotel. We ate at Restaurant Kabul (Afghani food) on one night and a vietnamese on another night. Both restaurants were very friendly and provided excellent food.

Overall a good place to stay due to location, but the hotel was nothing special for the price.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

first of all we would like to say thank you very much for being guest at the ARCOTEL Rubin Hamburg in conjunction with your helpful Feedback on www.tripadvisor.com.

We apologize that we could not match your wishes about the room conditions but we used your feedback to improve ourselves.

We would like to inform you that we have complimentary WiFi available since December 2011.
We like to show you how to dial in during your next stay.

For any further questions and your next reservation in our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards, BENNY RITZMANN, Front Office Manager.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I booked this hotel online for a conference.I had a conflict and could not go to the meeting and cancelled the hotel well in advance.I very carefully checked to make sure that it was refundable when I booked it.

I was never refunded my cost (about $700) and they have not answered my e-mails.

I am a very experienced traveller and have never had this scam before.Avoid online booking and be careful if this is their business standard.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Benny R, Leiter Front Office at ARCOTEL Rubin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear Guest,

we appreciate you taking the time for giving us a feedback on www.tripadvisor.com.
Due to the fact that incident happened more than half a year ago we will contact you personally to clarify it.
Please be assure that all our guest’s comments and feedbacks are a valuable good in our house that gives us the chance to see ourselves with our guests eyes.

Yours faithfully
BENNY RITZMANN
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Arcotel Rubin is a decent 4 star hotel. The free internet isn't fast, but you can pay for more. The breakfast is fine and included in the good value Arcotel+ rate I booked, which also included free mineral water in the room. The location is very convenient, although on the less salubrious side of the Hauptbahnhof. If you get a good rate it makes a fine base for Hamburg.
One minor observation I had a single room and the bed/pillow was only acceptable and the TV small by modern standards. The bathroom was good, perhaps a handrail at the bath would make it perfect.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo