“Wonderful, comfortable hotel, excellent restaurant”

Hotel Boston Hamburg
Ranked #35 of 319 Hotels in Hamburg
Nice, France
“Wonderful, comfortable hotel, excellent restaurant”
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I spent 2 nights here last week, it was my first stay in Hamburg. While I was concerned that the location might be too far from the old town, in fact the public transportation links were fantastic.

The staff is very professional and friendly.

The room I got (402) was very large, super clean and the bathroom/shower was enormous! Windows were slightly opened when I arrived, so the room was cool and fresh. The bed was also very large and comfortable, no complaints on the room whatsoever.

I ate dinner one evening in the restaurant was was equally impressed. The presentation of the food was excellent, quality very good, portions fair. The only critical comments I would make are that the menu is quite small, the dish I had was slightly salty (not too bad, but too much for my taste) and you can only order Spanish wines by the glass, which I found odd. I ended up having to buy a bottle of Italian wine, which was too much to drink.

In any case, very good experience, would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank sraske
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
vienna
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My first stay at Boston HH back in November was perfect - I was almost afraid to get back and find out they treated me like royalty last year only becasue they mixed me up with somebody else. But it was perfect again, they mamaged to give me that warm welcome after an awful day. My room was spacious with separate work, seating and sleeping area, bad is extremely cosy, had a perfect night sleep (there is no noise from outside). The bathroom is big with a walk in shower. In the mini bar are all the right products (wine from Hillinger, exquisite chocolate, Kombucha lemonade, Belvedere Wodka, etc., etc.). The breakfast is excellent, with a huge and fine selection of sweet and savoury food - plus freshly-cooked egg dishes. This time I was too tired to go to the bar in the evening, but it looked very welcoming and will definitely try it next time. Back from my trip to Hamburg I told my family should they be unpleasant to me in the future I'll simply move in at the Boston HH ...

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank lin23
Stockholm
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Stayed one night for business here in may. Was immediately surprised how big my room, and the bathroom that were like a room itself. Clean, fresh and stylish and i felt i got a lot more than i paid for. This will be my next stay when i get to Hamburg.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
Toronto
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I definitely would recommend Boston Hotel for families heading to Hamburg. The rooms were spacious, stylish and comfortable. The staff was also very friendly and the location was fairly central and 10 mins from the riff raff of the red light/party district. A supermarket and underground station were a minute away. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Great place. Clean and modern with wonderful service and facilities. We were in Hamburg of one night to go to a Cat Stevens concert and this place was perfect. A little distance from the airport but we found the staff very helpful and the room was very nice. We would stay there again if in Hamburg.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple