All reviews underground station haus train city noise taxi receptionist
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Hotel is clean, but old and tired. Rooms have no air conditioning, no safe, no fridge, no iron or ironing board, WiFi is not secure, no effective double glazing. You pay for room up front - nobody does that anymore. Very noisy at back end next to gym. Had to move rooms - no assistance offered. When I suggested that if I couldn’t move room I would have to move hotels and ask for money back they went on attack - not hotels fault, no money back! New room, although clean, smelled - old smoking room and the smell is ingrained in fixtures and fittings. Needs gutting and bringing into the 21st century

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
hotelhamburg, Verkaufsleiter at Best Western Hotel Hamburg International, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your review of our Best Western Hotel Hamburg International. We are very sorry to hear about the inconvenience you experienced. 80 % of our rooms are updated and this year we are going on to continue. We are a completely non smoking hotel. It is quite common to pay up front in international cities like Hamburg. You are right, our hotel in not a new building. We opened in the 60's.This makes us special. We hope to welcome you back again and send you best wishes from Hamburg.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

To be honest I do not normally write my opinions but in this case I felt that I had to. Hotel was correct, meaning that the room was nice and clean but I would not have expected less paying 124 € per night for a double room of single use.
Our flight connection in Dusseldorf was cancelled so we paid a call to the hotel informing them that we would arrive around 22:30. The answer of the receptionist was “Very well but I will cancel the room at 23:00”. I tried to explain that the reason why I was phoning here was because we had suffered a flight cancellation due to Air Berlin’s strike and this is the reason why we were arriving later than expected. Here answer was again “Very well but I will cancel the room at 23:00”. No way to convince her.
We arrived in Hamburg and the GPS showed that we were going to arrive to the hotel at 23:05. Therefore we paid a new phone call to the hotel and the same lady answer was unforgettable… “You will call me in 5 minutes and let me know that now you arrive at 0:00”. Travelling is not always easy and with this disposition even less.
Guarantee the reservations the way you want but do not leave the people that have had a really eventful trip in the street in the middle of the night!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
hotelhamburg, Verkaufsleiter at Best Western Hotel Hamburg International, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Tango B,

Thank you for your review of our "Best Western Hotel Hamburg International" as well as for your feedback.
I sincerely apologize for the conversation you were apart of. You can be certain that this is not the quality our hotel stands for. It is a mistery to me which member of our team spoke to you in that manner. I apologize on behalf of all of us. Usually, we do ask for a credit card number as a guarantee for late arrivals or - like in your case - we are very coopertive when the late arrival is caused by flight delays and accept your phone call as a guarantee. This is how is it usually handled.
I would very much appreciate if you could contact me under gs@raphaelhotels.de so that you could inform us about your day of arrival.
We would be very happy should you ever give us the opportunity to revise your unfortunate impression.

Best regards from Hamburg

Reviewed 23 September 2017

If I would come to Hamburg again this would be my hotel of choice. Clean, quiet. Excellent service. Good value. Delicious breakfast buffet. Attentitive staff. Bathrom is a bit small for a big person, but functional. Close to subway.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
hotelhamburg, Verkaufsleiter at Best Western Hotel Hamburg International, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Dear 301ivarh,

Many thanks for taking the time to give us a feedback regarding your stay at our Best Western Hotel Hamburg International, we really appreciate it! We are glad to read that you felt comfortable in our hotel. We hope to welcome you back again soon and send you best wishes from Hamburg.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 February 2017

Stayed for 2 nights start of december 16. Hotel is a few mins walk from the city centre alongside a mian road not far from the main station. city is nice and alot to do there at day or night. we got the train from the airport which was only 3 euros or so. and took about 25mins. xmas markets are good but i'd recommend going to the DOM for a night as that has much better nightlife & a bit more of an adult xmas market. food and drink is about the same cost as in the UK.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Although expensive I consider it was a good deal for Hamburg in the Christmas period. The breakfast was expensive and not included. The bedroom was big, clean and confortable. Near the underground we reached the centre very quickly. Poor wifi.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family