2,385 results
All reviews train station filini restaurant botanical gardens great hotel planten un blomen congress center beautiful park business hotel high floor city centre rooms are spacious excellent location business trip nice room hotel is located decent size alster lake
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at this hotel before and after a cruise from Kiel. The location was perfect and both the hotel staff and room were great . We were right at the airport and it made it very convenient to take the subway downtown and also catch out next flight . The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was very nice and clean. Very much enjoyed our stay !

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

V good hotel. Good location. 2 minuttes walk from railway station. Nice friendly very helping staff. Good food. But for vegetarian people, in breakfast there was less choice.. only curd, serials, bread and salad. Quality of food is very good though. Otherwise perfect rokms, very good view and best service.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2018

We stayed here 1 night. We arrived by taxi and had a good start, where the staff took care of our luggage. The lobby is great and we could check in immediately. But, as a loyal Gold member I got no recognition. No upgrade, no welcome gift. Anyway, the rooms are quite big and nice, but there was no luggage rack.The beds are lovely and we slept very well. We had a nice view from the 15th floor. We left early in the morning and did not try the breakfast. It took quite a long time to check-out, because of a trainee, which can be understandable. I don't know if I wanna come back, they should take much more care of loyal members and improve that service.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Radisson_HH, Guest Experience Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Ronnie W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We strive towards 100% Guest Satisfaction and your feedback is extremely important to us.

I was disappointed to read that on this occasion we did not entirely meet your expectations. I would like to apologize and assure you that I have personally followed-up with the relevant managers to look into this matter accordingly.

As a gold member you are especially important for us and i will make sure that we will pay much for Attention to you within your next stay.

I hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back and to show you that we can make it right.

With best regards,

Sebastian Welbers
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

On the scale of size, this is a mega hotel. The problems become evident at breakfast when there can be a crush and queuing for self serve items.

With major building works going on adjacently, drop off is pushed back onto the street - taxis can’t get close.

On exiting, I stepped on spikes in the steps, evidently from removed had rails. It hurt - though I wasn’t injured. I reported this incident to reception and yes, they were aware of it and would report it to management again.
(This to me would appear to be a major health and safety issue for the hotel).

The steps to the reception could also do with a clean and have the weeds removed - quite a tardy first impression.

Our room was rather drab in colour tones but spacious and the bed(s) fantastic. Strangely, with such a large room there were no drawers where we could stow clothes. Also totally inadequate was shelving in the bathroom - very poorly designed.

At all points, the staff were very friendly and helpful especially in the breakfast room.

Given the price however, I would choose somewhere else next time.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Radisson_HH, Guest Experience Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear wolfsbite,

With best regards,

Sebastian Welbers
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Located near a train station, botanical gardens and exhibition halls, more than 22 storey building with a stunning view from high floors rooms. Beautiful and modern room, very luminous and nicely decorated, with a transparent window pane between room and bathroom. But, on Sundays the only restaurant (Italian) is not open to guests whose option for dining is the bar and its limited kind of Italian menu (but with the unavoidable Caesar salad which is announced as « Caesar dressing »salad). So, since it was getting late, we had dinner from the bar at one of the tables in the lobby and ordered a glass of wine, for the price of a rather expensive bottle of a common wine anywhere in a wine producing country such as Germany: 12.50€!!! Supposing that with the amount served, ten glasses would not be enough to empty the bottle, that would make a 125€ a bottle... are we talking of a chateau margaux?... no, just a very average wine of unknown origin, since it is served before getting to you and, no matter what you order, you cannot check if that’s really the wine your ordered which is in your glass. So, with a plate of mediocre pasta al pesto and a bottle of water, the price rose up to 32.50€...
After this rather unpleasant experience, getting back to the sleek and light room meant another bad surprise. It turned out the room was against the wall of the lift shaft and... it seemed that some rolling rod was going up and down, and up and down every single minute... all night/ day long....a real nightmare. Not so nice a room after all! But, as en experienced traveler, I always have my ear plugs, I decided it was too late to ask for a change because otherwise it would have been absolutely impossible to sleep.
In the bathroom, the soap bar was missing and I wondered if I had to wash my hands with the shampoo or with the shower gel.. better not to use too much, otherwise I would have to choose between hands or body.
Bad experience: food and wine overpriced (even in the UK where wine is so expensive, a glasse of wine does not cost €12.50!! And the glass comes already served, a terrible oenological error), awfully noisy room even at 20th floor (when there should be a door between the little corridor and the room and that would probably solve the problem), missing soap... that’s the Radisson Blu in Hambourg.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
RadissonHotelGroup, Customer Care at Radisson Blu Hotel, Hamburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review for us. We are glad our location was suitable for your needs and that your guest room decor met your expectations. We are terribly sorry that our meal options were not to your liking and that noise from the lift was audible. Your feedback is important to us and has been sent to the hotel management team for further review. We hope you will consider us in the future if you are in the area again.