All reviewscity centreexcellent breakfastnice hotelquiet locationuniversitywifireceptionconnectiontrameuro
Reviewed 13 January 2015

My favorite Hotel in Bremen (Courtyard) was sold out and I was looking for an alternative.
This is a decent Hotel in a quiet and green Location not too far away from the Center.
I understand that rooms are undergoing renovation. The 4th floor isn't remodeled, yet, but still nice.
The restaurant was much better than expected. If I come back I won't dine out...
Breakfast is also good. Staff is very friendly.
I wouldn't stay there for leisure but would consider Family Events due to the nice and good Restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
ATLANTIC H, E-Marketing at ATLANTIC Hotel Universum, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2015

Good Morning shensen

We were lucky that you had to look for a hotel alternative in Bremen this time. So we could introduce our location and services to you and you found yourself comfortable in our hotel. Thanks a lot for your nice evaluation. We would be happy to welcome you again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 October 2014

I stayed at the Atlantic hotel for 2 nights, end of September 2014, room 451.

My impression of the hotel is excellent. The hotel is set in a very quiet area, with a nice park, a stone's throw from Bremen University area. The hotel is served by a few buses and it's a 5 minutes walk to the nearest tram 6 stop; tram 6 is the only one serving the airport and it goes through the city centre.. Additionally, there are always two or three taxis at the hotel door; a ride to the city centre costs about € 11.

The breakfast room, which is also the restaurant Campus, is nice, serving good food at reasonable prices, at lunch, a bit less reasonable prices at dinner. The facilities include sauna and bikes that you can get at reception, at no extra cost. The bike can be a good alternative to get to the city centre, but bare in mind that most of the ride is along a huge park, more like a forest actually, which is not lit at night; nevertheless, this is quite safe.

As I usually do, I list below the things I liked the least and the things I liked best:

Things I liked the least:

- Location: not very convenient if you are on a tourism expedition, as it's a 20 minutes ride to the city centre, but perfect if you're going for meetings at Bremen University or at the miriad of high tech companies around it;

- Wifi: it works fine when you're using it and it's very straightforward to access, restricted to guests only but with no complex sequences of numbers and letters to login with. Nevertheless, I found that the connection was lost after a certain time of inactivity and login details had to be resinserted, which was a bit annoying

- TV: large selection of channels, but only one in English, everything else in German. In a hotel that seems to host a large crowd of international guests, I would expect a more balanced offer of channels.

Things I liked:

- Reception: friendly staff, efficient check in and check out;

- Breakfast: large buffet, with excellent options available, it was difficult to avoid stuffing myself;

- the Campus restaurant: great food, very reasonable prices at lunch, less so at dinner, excellent service;

- the room: very comfortable, spotlessly clean, good bathroom with bathtub, my room had two huge windows to the park and the curtains were very effective at blocking the light, central heating in the room and in the bathroom that were controlled manually. Excellent sound proofing;

- the booking process: I was attending a meeting at Bremen University which had arranged a special rate with the hotel for meeting attendees. I contacted the hotel about this and they were very efficient, friendly and very clear about what I needed to do; thank you Ms. Rothstein;

All in all, an excellent value for money option, even on normal rate, if your reason to be in Bremen is the University. This is a hotel that caters mostly to a business clientele, it's distance from the city centre may put the regular tourist off. Nevertheless, I'll certainly consider it when and if I go to Bremen again and I'll definitely choose it if my destination is Bremen University.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business

Dear paulolisb

We would like to thank you very much for writing this detailed and helpful review. With great pleasure we have read that everything was fine from the booking during your entire stay up to your departure. We are delighted that you liked our interior, the atmosphere and service at our hotel as well as the quality of our restaurant CAMPUS. You are well informed about the various possibilities to get to the Bremen City Centre, so your advice will be very useful for future guests. Your valuable comment on our choice of international channels will be reviewed by our general management. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

All the best

Reviewed 30 September 2014

This is a modern hotel about 20 mns from the center of the city and roughly 10 mns from the line 6 tramway line which takes you into the city (for 2,25 Euros). It is located at the edge of the University campus. The bar/breakfast area can get very busy and noisy, but is well furbished. Bremen down town is wonderful by day but also by night, don’t miss the old historic center in the night lights. The hotel reception is run by young people who are not always very attentive, but will provide help when requested. The room design was also modern but functional , with a couple of closets, a desk, two beds, a bathroom with a bathtub and some nice amenities, although most of the soap is in the common filled bottles. I had difficulty with internet in my room on the 4th floor, but there was wifi available in the common areas. If I returned to Bremen, I think I would prefer to stay closer to the center of the city so that I could just walk around and profit form the sights.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PallasParis
ATLANTIC H, E-Marketing at ATLANTIC Hotel Universum, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2015

Hi PallasParis

Many thanks for writing a comment on your stay. We are pleased to read that you liked our modern interior design and got easily to the Bremen City Centre by tram. To be more precisely because of our experience: you will take approx. 5 minutes to the tram station and further 15 minutes to station “Herdentor” which leads you directly to the extended pedestrian area in the city centre. Thank you for your hint regarding our reception team. For the best performance we will discuss your impression in our next team meeting. If you prefer a hotel in the city centre, we can recommend our sister hotel ATLANTIC Grand Hotel Bremen. Otherwise, you can benefit from our quiet location next to the city park of Bremen and enjoy a walk, jogging tour or bike ride from our hotel along the park into the town centre. The ATLANTIC Hotels would be happy to welcome you again.

Best wishes

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I enjoyed my recent stay here. The location is perfect if you want to be near the university campus. The restaurant serves excellent food in a nice environment. Next door is the hands-on Universum museum.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with garden view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
ATLANTIC H, E-Marketing at ATLANTIC Hotel Universum, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello Greenlee

Thanks a lot for your excellent rating and your compliment for our restaurant. Apart from the ideal location for visitors at the University Bremen or in the Technologiepark Bremen our hotel is also very convenient for leisure guests who prefer a quiet location next to the city park. It only takes approx. 20 minutes to the Bremen city centre by tram line 6 (incl. short walk to the tram station). We would be delighted to welcome you again.

Best regards

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Excellent choice for a 1-3 days stay at Bremen. First, you will be able to take the tram 6 directly from the airport (2.50 euros per person) and just stop at Universitat NW1 to reach quickly the hotel. Second, you have the museum called Universum which is at 5 meters of the hotel. If you are lazy, taxis are ready in the front of the hotel (12-15 euros to reach the city center).Rooms are great, Breakfast is huge, and people at reception are extremely helpful. Internet is powerful so nothing to say bad for this hotel. Enjoy it.

Room Tip: Non smoking rooms at 4th floor and spa at 3rd floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MOUSS190273
ATLANTIC H, E-Marketing at ATLANTIC Hotel Universum, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Good Morning MOUSS190273

Many thanks for your great review. We are very glad to read that you had a comfortable and pleasant stay at our hotel. That’s just the way it should be and therefore a very motivating feedback for us. We hope to see you again during your next time in Bremen!

Hanseatic greetings from Bremen!