All reviews bed room few beers low price dorm toilet city reception roommates nightlife luggage cleanliness
Reviewed 14 October 2017

I stayed at the Townside Hostel for 5 nights during weekdays. Its location was convenient and the staff were friendly, but I didn't get much sleep at all at this place. During my stay 2 classes of 8th graders with their teachers stayed at the hostel, turning my stay into a rather unpleasant experience: Cigarrette butts in the showers, unflushed toilets and the guest lounge being occupied each afternoon by a school class doing group activities were only part of the experience. The worst part was the noise at night though, coming from the school kid's rooms. No one in my dorm slept well. In the 4th sleepless nice the staff was kind enough to let me change rooms in the middle of the night to a quieter part of the hostel. I wouldn't stay there again, though, unless the hostel rethinks their policy of hosting school classes.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sammy D
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Although this hostel is not in the city center, it is close quite close and in the area of the bars and clubs. The room (I was in a 4 bed room, 23.50 €) was clean, as well as the toilet and the shower. Each room has a locker for each bed. The key of the locker is provided at the check-in. It is also possible to leave the luggage after the check-out. The girl at the reception was very friendly and explained everything in a very professional manner, although probably it was one of her first days! Definitely a recommended hostel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Very nice and welcoming hotel, we met interesting people. It was clean and bedrooms were well organized.

But if you pay a low price make sure you are used to loud noises : I only slept 3 hours because of street and people noises.

But still it was a good experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anaïs L
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Two friends and me spent the night in this hostel. We sleep in a bedroom with five men. One of these men threw up in the room and the smell was unbearable. We went to the reception and they said that there were not empty beds to change, they only sprayed to mask the smell, but the smell was still unbearable. So we had to sleep with the windons open and with five men burping and farting... We expect a response from the hotel but they didn't do anything.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laurinha6
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I found Townside Hostel really nice. Everything was very clean (toilet, shower, room and linen). Staff was friendly. Great location, surrounded by many bars, pubs and good night life in general. I would totally recomend it!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo