“Amazing, very informative and allround lovely”
Review of When in Berlin

When in Berlin
Ranked #14 of 398 Tours in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: When in Berlin provides an energetic and alternative approach to traveling. Naturally most people want to see the main sights and tick off a few boxes, but we stress getting off the beaten path, exploring Berlin and it's surroundings to the fullest. Our experienced and locally knowledgeable guides will be an invaluable resource during your stay in Berlin .
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

With family coming into town from Sweden I wanted them to see and experience more of Berlin and all its corners. So I decided on When in Berlin and booked a private tour around the Christmas markets for us all. It was absolutely amazing! Marriette took us around, told stories and facts in a charming way and made sure we were all having a blast. She is very knowledgable and answered every question we had, about everything from gluhwein to the more complicated chapters of Berlins history. Time flew and we said goodbye with more knowledge and much happiness. Thank you!
To make sure my family also saw some of the Berlin Wall with its history, i had also booked a Cold War tour the very next day. Lovely Tom took us around the city and managed to explain the complex history and events that took place in Berlin in a clear and simple way, we all learned so much and just as Marriette he was very knowledgable and answered all our questions, small and big. He aslo made sure we had a good time and we were comfortable during the hole tour.
I will definitely be back and can warmly recommend it to anyone who wants an enjoyable, informative and personal tour around the city. Thank you guys so very much!

1  Thank Laila K
"unique experience"
"knew his stuff"
"wealth of knowledge"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Bryan was our Tour Leader for 10 days in Berlin, Prague, Krakow, Auschwitz, and Budapest. He kept five teachers and 35 high schoolers moving every day! We learned so much, yet we had a fun and bonding experience. The students adored him!

Bryan was a consummate Tour Leader: even-tempered, knowledgeable, and with a great sense of humor. Note: Wear comfortable walking shoes and expect to keep a brisk pace! Bryan is on a mission!!

1  Thank cbettini
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We just got back from our trip and we toured 4 countries. Bryan did an AWESOME job as our tour guide! He felt like part of the family - very personable and extremely knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him for your tour and hoping we'll meet up again in the near future! Thanks Bryan for an amazing week in Europe! Can't wait to make another trip through Explorica!

1  Thank lwilliams2018
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Brian was so sharp! He knew so much history and fun facts about so many topics... If you are ever going to go on a guided tour in these regions of Europe, I would highly recommend having Brian by your side. He was so entertaining, interesting and educated, I could have walked around and listened to him talk all day. Thank you Brian! Looking forward to seeing you in 2020!

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 March 2018

We toured 4 different countries with 30 people in our group. Bryan was our tour guide and he deserves 100 stars. (Not kidding!) He was amazing! He is knowledgeable about every cultural, geographic, political, and historical aspect of the countries we visited. Bryan is the most accommodating tour guide I've worked with, and I can sincerely tell you I wouldn't hesitate sending any of my students and other travelers with him again! In fact, we will be doing a trip to Scotland and Ireland, and I've already requested him as our guide. Keeping my fingers crossed! What I sincerely loved about Bryan, is that he is so personable. All my travelers from every age group possible felt comfortable with him, and he was so attentive to our needs and requests. Ask for him if you are going to do a tour! You will not regret it one bit! Bryan thanks for all your hard work and for making our trip memorable!!!!

1  Thank veronica m