“Recommended pension in Berlin”

Hotel-Pension Classic
Ranked #16 of 192 Berlin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed here for three nights in january 2012. Excellent location: next to a U-bahn station and some 200m away there is a stop for the Buslinien 100 (which route goes by almost all the sights worth a visit like Reichtsag, Brandenburger Tor, Under den Linden, ...). Our room looked upon the square but still the room (and the hotel) was very quiet. The rooms were big and spotlessly clean (bathroom also very clean but smaller). Breakfast buffet was ok. The hotel seemed to be run by a russian couple. The guy was very friendly but the woman seemed a litte bit grumpy. Dislikes? Nothing really important! Maybe the shower: the temperature of the water was hard to regulate and changed suddenly from very hot to very cold. Bed were very comfortable! All in all: recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

I had the distinct pleasure of staying at the Hotel-Pension Classic for 8 nights over Christmas 2011. Planning for this holiday to Berlin was the first time I'd used TripAdvisor extensively to source the accommodation. I'd probably spent a couple of hours all-up pouring over reviews for many similar types of accommodation (small hotels & hostels), and I must say that the 'common thread' of fantastic reviews about this hotel was almost unique among all the reviews of all the competing small hotels, so I'd just like to add my recommendation for this spotlessly clean, silently quiet (both internally and no 'traffic' noise from outside), and above all exceptionally friendly place.
For a single occupier of a double room, my stay was unbelievable value for money, and I don't think I could have found cheaper accommodation (for sole occupancy of a room) at any of the hostels in town.
If I ever go to Berlin again, I'll be checking availability for a room at the Hotel-Pension Classic before I book my flights, as if I can't get one - due to 100% occupancy - then I'd rather change the dates of my travel than try and find somewhere else to stay.
The Breakfast was superb, served up until 10AM, which was handy for a 'later starter' like me (well, I was on holiday :-) and what was noticeably excellent was that the lovely lady kept replenishing everything that was on offer (a wide range of Continental Breakfast items, tea, coffee, all the 'trimmings') right up until 10 AM; it wasn't a case of 'when it runs out, it runs out...' as the choice for breakfast for me was exactly the same at 09:57 as it would have been at 7:31.
Thanks for a great experience!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank micwhitty
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Lovely clean rooms, friendly helpful staff, breakfast (standard buffet - meats, cheeses, cold cereals, yoghurts, coffee, fruit) and Wifi included, in a convenient neighborhood. The U station is right across the street as is the fabulous KaDeWe department store. Beds were the most comfortable we experienced in Germany. The only negative from my perspective - there are forty-five steps from the sidewalk to the reception desk.

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were pretty much equivalent to ours.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank CarolSS
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Great location, easy access to all of Berlin's sites, large, clean rooms, friendly staff, more than satisfactory breakfast...would definitely stay here again and recommend. Safe area to walk around in and convenient supermarket right next door.

Room Tip: not necessary to book larger room for just a couple- rooms are spacious and more than adequate.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Great location,friendly staff and a great breakfast made this an ideal hotel for us
One of the main things was that the hotel was lovely and warm , we were there in December so this was one of our concerns.
I would recommend this place to anybody.
One minor drawback, being british we love our cuppa and there is no kettle in the room so either pack a travel one or get used to it.
All in all an excellent stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple