“A real burger "joint"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #79 of 8,178 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 53
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Description: The Bird is a New York style bar and steakhouse, serving undoubtedly Berlin's best steaks and burgers as well as some other stuff.Sauces, dressings, everything is made fresh daily from scratch.
“A real burger "joint"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Visited on a cold, cold February night. Upon entering, I felt like I was back in university...taking in the wonderful sights and smells of this little piece America in Berlin.
We were there for the burgers - and they did not disappoint. Of course they tasted even better with a really nice German beer (lets leave the beer making to these folks...no Coors light please!).
Fries looked and felt freshly made- the real thing.
Great atmosphere - very nice service - its not the Adlon or Bocca de Bacco, but it is just fine for where you are.
Left the place full, warm and satisfied. Will be back.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank YYZpax
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Greasiest burgers in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

I'll make it short: The burgers here are fantastic and not for the faint hearted - the calorie count is through the roof, and thank you for that! The steaks are equally great: tender, tasty and perfectly grilled. The Bird is packed with people, both tourists and locals, and there's a reason for that. Just don't get a table in the back close to the kitchen ;-)

• Visited May 2012
Heidelberg, Germany
“Awesome food, efficient service and great environment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Reading the past reviews, I thought I would add my two cents. I find The Bird a refreshing reminder of what I miss most about the states. Having lived overseas for several years, I like to travel around Europe and find the places that the locals like. The Bird has a refreshing mixture of tourists in the know and locals. This place is crowded and noisy, agreed. But, sometimes, that is what I am interested in. This will be my third trip to Berlin and I always go to The Bird because I know I will leave feeling full and satisfied.
The last time we were there was our honeymoon. My wife loved it! We are going back in a few weeks and can't wait!
Angry Hour adds to the ambiance of The Bird. Drinks are poured perfectly and the prices are not bad.
My favorite burger is The Fat Stingy Gonzales. and my wife loves their Ribeyes. We know we will have to walk the rest of the week to balance out, but that is what traveling and enjoying yourselves in a Great European City is all about. Though a bit pricey, I will gladly pay knowing that I will walk away with an enjoyable buzz, a full belly and better yet, I happy wife.

• Visited September 2011
Soenderborg, Denmark
“Burned steak and greasy burger”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I really have to say that I disagree with most of the reviews written about the bird. While you do get at big, really expensive steak, you also get a steak that tastes like charcoal. When thinking about it I still can taste that burned taste in my mouth. No way near the best steaks in Berlin.

My girlfriend had one of the burger, and see complained the it was extremely greasy, allthough it was tasty.

A few things I can agree to though, the staff is really friendly and helpful. The portions are huge, and the french fries ok.

There is a lot of noice when the restaurant is filled, and the death metal they where playing at one time, did not help. When comparing the price here,with the food you can get at other restaurants in Berlin for the same price, the Bird is overrated and overpriced. I wont come back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jan_Bruns
London
“5 / 5”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Really cannot say a bad thing about this place .

The staff were an absolute pleasure to be around - Fundamentally I think this is what makes The Bird so awesome ( other than the burgers which are as good as you will find in Berlin, or perhaps more controversially ,THE WORLD !! ).

There is a park opposite and good outside seating, so perfect for the summer months. Perfect for hangovers and daytime chilling.

• Visited April 2012