“So lucky to live to have found this place”

Oma Marnies Pie Bakery
Ranked #33 of 80 Bakeries in Berlin
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 12
Neighbourhood: Prenzlauer Berg
Description: New Zealand style bakery specialising in Pies, handmade using natural ingredients. Meat pies, vegetarian, vegan and sweet. We have a range of cakes and slices, as well as quality handmade icecream. Our coffee beans are sourced from Passenger Espresso in Berlin. Come on by and find out what a real pie tastes like - hot, hearty and wholesome! Also available for caterings, events and wholesale.
Reviewed 10 September 2015

As an Australian expat living in Berlin, I always craved the delicious meat pies that I grew up eating as a kid and thought I would never be able to find a decent meat pie in Berlin. I was so lucky when I came across this small shop. At first I only ordered the meat pies, which are amazing and I would say much better than pie face, but recently I discovered that their sausage rolls are even better. I never liked sausage rolls that much as a kid but I have to say in this case, the sausage rolls are amazing. They are by far the best sausage rolls I've ever tasted and now everytime I go there I order only the sausage rolls. Oh and the people that work there are so friendly, and I love the home made tomato sauce and chutney you can have with the pies and sausage rolls. Just writing about this place is giving me cravings again for those sausage rolls

Reviewed 30 August 2015

The Pie Bakery Shop and little Cafe owned by Josh a New Zealander was a terrific bonus, to come across.
This terrific place on Hiddenseer Strasse,was just around the corner from where we were staying and where you could get some real comfort food.
Delicious home cooked pies that included savoury,sweet plus some vegetarian and a vegan option, Double this up a with a fab salad and home made tomato relish and a pint of German beer,[ Oma Marnie's does not have a licence,we managed to get drinks from the pub just a few doors away as long we took back the glasses ] made a perfect meal and left us extremely satisfied.

Top marks to Marika [ do hope we spelt your name right ] who served, us,she was also a delightful New Zealander who chatted to us and gave us a potted history about how Oma Marnie's came about.My partner who is NZ born,certainly found a kindred spirit.

We were so impressed with our first meal there, that we had a take away Pie Meal that Marika put together for us for our final night in Berlin,what a lovely send off.

Highly recommend and would certainly re visit on our return to Berlin.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

One of my favorite places to stop for a quick bite to eat. I've been coming to Oma Marnie's for about a year now and have never once regretted it. This is your place to go for New Zealand style pies, sausage rolls, and coffee. There are several meat, vegetarian and even vegan options on the menu which should satisfy just about everyone. The staff are always pleasant and willing to have a chat. Perhaps my favorite thing is that you can get pies to go or buy them frozen in packs of two to stick in your freezer for later!

Honestly, just come and try it out you won't regret it!

Reviewed 20 September 2014

This place was amazing! New Zealand pies and sausage rolls and coffee. Its everything we wanted right across from the Prenzlauer Berg Burgeramt. We were so happy to stumble across it after dealing with the German bureaucratic system. First decent coffee since coming to germany too.The pies are fantastic home made feel with just the right amount of seasoning. I recommend the bacon and egg! The people there were welcoming and happy to engage us in conversation and answer our questions about the area too. I cannot recommend this place enough.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Oma Marnies is a delicious New Zealand style cafe/bakery in Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin. It only opened on Sunday and i was stoked to stumble across it and find PIES!! and delicious coffee!! Since leaving NZ ive noticed how hard it is to find a well made coffee - here you can have any coffee, including flat whites! Perfectly made. They also had ANZAC biscuits, brownie, carrot cake and so many treats it was hard to decide. Worth checking out!!