“Hotel Hotel Berlin Berlin”

Hotel Berlin, Berlin
Ranked #153 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Tampa, Florida
“Hotel Hotel Berlin Berlin”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

It looks pretty funky from outside- there's a large red bear hanging out on the sidewalk. The downstairs is large and open and NOT the usual international business hotel. The rooms are pretty standard. I haven't stayed in Germany for many years but the beds are narrow but firm - I slept very well although I had forgotten the technique of using a duvet. The rooms are not large by US standards but by European standards they are very adequate. Internet was included- a pleasant change from the extortionate fees I have paid in London.

There is one restaurant downstairs which was ok.

Originally I thought the place was isolated in terms of restaurants etc but actually its quite a close walk to a local busy area which is west of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank trripman
HotelBerlinBerlin, Manager at Hotel Berlin, Berlin, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear Trripman,

Thank you very much for your review and for taking the time to post your impressiones about our Hotel on TripAdvisor. It is highly appreciated and we thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again in our Hotel.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Rijeka
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The Berlin, Berlin hotel has an interesting location. The hotel stands at it self alone on an "island" between roads and seems to be a bit out of the center, but...only in 10 - 15min walk you can easily reach the Kudamm street and the Potsdamer Platz center...Both areas reflect the heartbeat of Berlin.
The breakfast is great, especially the fresh juice! They used to have Pizza for breakfast some years ago, but not anymore :(

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Regenerator101
HotelBerlinBerlin, Manager at Hotel Berlin, Berlin, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear hellmanager,

Thank you for your response and for taking the time to post your impressions on TripAdvisor. Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast offer.Your feedback is highly valuable for all of us. We wishing you an excellent day.
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Same as most guests, I stayed here as it was the venue the conference was being held in. I checked in late at night and was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a corner suite. Very spacious, with not just a lounge area but a dining table that I think seated 8! The bathroom was a good size and functional. The bedroom was separate with a desk and tv. Lovely large windows around the whole room so nice a bright.

There were a few issues though. In the bathroom there was no soap nor body wash ... simply shampoo and body lotion. When I enquired at reception this was eventually corrected, but I had to explain multiple times that the room I was in did not have a soap dispenser on the wall of the shower. Regardless, most hotels do give you soap to wash your hands after using the toilet! The other issue was the towels. With everything else (face washers, hand towels) being plush the actual bath towels I thought were rather small and worn. Certainly not the large, fluffy towels you get accustomed to in 4&5 star hotels these days.

The other issue was the pillows. Obviously, being a German hotel, the beds had the large European style pillows. When I read the hotel welcome folder they mentioned a pillow menu. So, I called reception and asked for some firm, foam pillows to be delivered. I presume I was misunderstood, as by the end of my stay I had about 6 pillows in the bedroom, all of which were the large, European down-filled ones that flatten as soon as you put your head on them.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Seabird21
Dear Seabird21,

Thank you very much for your review and for taking the time to post your impressiones about our Hotel on TripAdvisor. We were pleased to learn that you were happy with your corner suite. Nevertheless, we are very sorry there were issues with the soap dispenser and and the pillows that did not make you happy. Thank you again for helping us to serve you better.
UK
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The hotel is pretty average - the rooms were bigger than I expected but nothing special.

The decor is quite funky. The restaurant did serve very good food.

the best thing about the hotel was the soccer game in the lobby, one of those projector ones that you can kick a virtual ball around on the floor!

Location is central, rates are competitive.

nothing bad to complain, just wasnt overly taken with the place.

Room Tip: The rooms were bigger than expected - so probably any room would be fine
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TRAXUK
Dear TRAXUK,

Thank you very much for your review and for taking the time to post your impressiones about our Hotel on TripAdvisor. It is highly appreciated and we thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I also came here for a conference. Booked a standard room and got a special price of 75 euro per night! I think this is an amazing rate given the conference brochure offers the "special rate" of 139 euro/night at the same hotel. The room is very clean, bed is comfortable, and importantly for me, the bedsheets and cover look very clean (I am terrified of having bed bugs). For this price, breakfast is not included. Because I came for the conference, I get complimentary internet service which would otherwise cost 16 euro/day. Overall, this is a great hotel and is great value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear Poyee T.,

Thank you for your response and for taking the time to post your impressions on TripAdvisor. Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and your feedback is highly valuable for all of us. We like to inform you that we offer for all our guests a free internet system. We wishing you an excellent day.