“Interesting collection ”
Review of The Kennedys

The Kennedys
Ranked #231 of 939 things to do in Berlin
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

A little difficult to find, but use google maps to locate, really interesting collection of photographs and memorabilia of JFK. A very interesting and inspiring man, his connection with Berlin was new to me, I’ve watched various documentaries on JFK over the years, but lots of information here that I’d not come across before, well worth a visit.

All reviews
"information"
"history"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 19 October 2016

We actually stumbled onto this extraordinary museum after having lunch at Pauly Saal, one of Berlin's best restaurants. We've visited the Kennedy Library in Boston but actually found this photographic history more satisfying in many ways. As a private museum, it is not well publicized, but its content is remarkable and it's layout very well conceived and organized. The collection of photos and Kennedy family memorabilia is simply remarkable and it covers much more than JFK's visit to Berlin and famous speech. If you are at all interested in history -- do not miss it!

Reviewed 27 April 2016

It is not clear where the museum actually is, a road sign says 50m with an arrow... but we walked past it several times - it is in a building with a cafe behind a huge red door that quite frankly is not welcoming and looks as though whatever is behind it would be closed. The picture shown on this page is NOT what the museum looks like now (be warned!)

The museum was worth a visit, lots of lovely photos and memorabilia, a cine film that is worth taking the time to watch, I came out of there feeling like I knew The Kennedys a whole lot better.

Reviewed 19 December 2015

The staff was very nice and welcoming. We expected to learn more on the biography of Kennedy but the movie we watched is all about Kennedy's speech and without an overall look on his life and that was disappointing for us.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 October 2015

My grandmother always told me about the Kennedys when I was growing up, so I've become very interested in the family history, and of course, JFK and Jackie's 'Camelot". If you're like me, then this small museum in Berlin is not to be missed! There are mostly photo displays, but of course you also get to hear Kennedy's famous "Berliner" speech and view some artifacts that I haven't seen anywhere else, and some photos I hadn't seen printed anywhere else--and I have a lot of books!! For us the museum was a little hard to find, the displays visible in some of the photos here weren't up when we were walking by. We weren't allowed to take photos inside the museum and so I only have one picture to share. Still, great and informative experience and a way to pay respects for a President gone too soon.