“A Must-See if you're a Kennedy Fan”
Review of The Kennedys

The Kennedys
Ranked #224 of 1,043 things to do in Berlin
Reviewed 30 October 2015

My grandmother always told me about the Kennedys when I was growing up, so I've become very interested in the family history, and of course, JFK and Jackie's 'Camelot". If you're like me, then this small museum in Berlin is not to be missed! There are mostly photo displays, but of course you also get to hear Kennedy's famous "Berliner" speech and view some artifacts that I haven't seen anywhere else, and some photos I hadn't seen printed anywhere else--and I have a lot of books!! For us the museum was a little hard to find, the displays visible in some of the photos here weren't up when we were walking by. We weren't allowed to take photos inside the museum and so I only have one picture to share. Still, great and informative experience and a way to pay respects for a President gone too soon.

All reviews
"information"
"history"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Small easy to get through photo documentary of JFK and his connection to Berlin via his 1963 speech which is being played as a documentary movie as part of this museum. The museum is in the old Jewish girls school and also houses another museum and Paaly Saal Restaurant, which is supposed to be quite good. Even if you know a lot about JFK and the Kennedy's this is a worth while stop. Highly recommend and the Auguststrasse is a great street with lots of fun shops and cafés to explore.

1  Thank lesliebauman
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stumbled across this little museum and it proved to be one of the highlights of our week's stay in Berlin. Really well constructed and moving record of an extraordinary time in Berlin and the world generally. You could hear a pin drop in the movie room as the film of Kennedy's famous visit to West Berlin was played. Highly recommended and in a very cool part of town.

2  Thank Browns30
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Found this Kennedy tribute by accident because we'd taken lunch at a restaurant in the same building (don't recognise the outside photo - maybe of previous location?).
It is well worth the 5euro fee & very interesting. To see JFK's Hermes black croc brief case makes me want one!
Recommended if you're in the area - or a Kennedy scholar.