“Great lunch!”

Cafe Pfortner
Ranked #1,418 of 9,465 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Italian, International
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Nice relaxed atmosphere and good food! Located in a not crowded area but during lunchtime the place was pretty full.

1  Thank Katsuyuki N

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Loved the place, loved the food and loved the atmosphere not including the personnel. When coming into the restaurant, without any clue how to act, to sit down, be guided to the table or order at the desk.. while standing there at the cashier trying to figure this out and trying to see which of the three workers running around me could be the least offended if i asked and broke their good flow in hassling. I mean, at this point i would have been happy with a hi, and "be with you in a sec kind of a we give an interest of you arriving to our restaurant and so sorry we'll be with you as soon as possible" -type of a reaction.. but no, so i was kind and waited for some minutes more, until i asked how we proceed, i order here? I go and sit down? Or? Well hey let's do it easy and i order right away and pay right away, as many had passed me to come and pay while i was waiting.. So not to be standing there again afer my meal. As said, the food was good and the space is schwifty, even the guys when bringing me the bread & food were of totally different approach after i had sat down. When leaving the restaurant happy and content i walked pass the girl at the counter and thanked and said tsüß with a nice high volume, neither her or the guy responded me with anything, and it was not that they were busy from anything else but chatting to eachother after i checked back again to wave and see if they reacted slowly.. but no. In the end, a could have been 5 star experience turned to a 3 star at max. The venue is not worh travelling from the other side of the city for bad ignorant service.

I know it is not easy to be nice and polite when it's a bit busy, but even when trying to put some effort to it.. It really shows.

1  Thank Finn J
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

The place is very nice, with a cool area installed in an old bus. I came here to work few hours but wifi wasn't working and the staff didn't felt very concern when I was asking for this or other informations... I felt like they took time to notice me each time I came ordering drinks or food.... Not very friendly or considerate on this point. Hopefully the food and coffee are very good !

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Lovely tiny cafe by the canal. Good food. Small menu but fresh and interesting.
Open all day for coffee, drinks, snacks and meals.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

We were here as a group of about ten people on a Saturday evening – I would suggest making reservations for a group this big, but if you come as a smaller group you should be just fine.
They have a large variety of drinks of which we took advantage and were really satisfied. We also ordered food off the daily changing menu - for me as a vegan, there was one option and it might probably have been possible to veganize one other dish as well.
Overall we nearly chose all of the options on the menu and everyone agreed that it was very delicious! Unfortunately, the portion size was a little small (also for the price), so you might consider ordering a starter in advance or a dessert.
You can look up their menus on the website to get an idea of what they serve, prices for the entrées vary between 12 and 14€ mostly, the prices for drinks were fairly normal.
Although located in a rather quiet neighborhood, this place has a unique charm to it - you can sit outside or inside and choose between different kinds of tables as well. The interior is rustic yet stylish and creates a relaxed atmosphere.
The service was very friendly and relatively fast, too (maybe there could have been an additional waiter/waitress).
Overall I would recommend this place for excellent, fresh and original food - it's an experience for sure!