All reviews gay hotel upgraded to a junior suite hot tub prager platz absolutely loved this hotel bathroom mirror top floor clean towels negative points tiny room rooftop bar free upgrade three night stay metro stop a great stay underground station recommend this hotel
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend booked that hotel without acknowledge that is a heterofriendly hotel. We are really open minded but We were a bit afraid that we are the only one straight couple in the house. At the arrival we were warmly welcomed from the friendly front desk staff and noticed that in that hotel we are not only the straight ones. The atmosphere in this hotel is so cool because it seems like doesn't matter who u are. Every single member of the staff is friendly and kind! They helped us with booking some trips around Berlin. The hotel is really modern and tasty designed. U can connect your own USB or phone to the mirror in bathroom. There are lot of touch pads for some colorful and intimate blue lights. Additionally, we got a free upgrade to the bigger room! It was really spacious and clean! We didn't try out breakfast because we would like to discover the hipster's neighborhoods of east Berlin but we haven seen lot of people in the restaurant.
Spa and gym facilities are free of costs and you can always find few minutes for being there alone and just chilling out ! I would highly reccomend this hotel because we felt there more welcome than in oder destinations we have visit before!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
AxelhotelBerlin, Gerente at TWO Hotel Berlin by Axel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Hi Sjimon, thank you so much for your recent stay with us. It is also nice to surprise guests with our concept. I m happy that you had a good time with us. We are all looking forward to welcome you soon again. All the best, Oliver Böhme, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We spent 3 night in Berlin; stayed here with my partner.
When we arrived to the hotel -was around 13:30- we were told that the hotel was fully booked so we need to wait until 15:00. It sounds OK, however the guy at the reception was kinda rude and unprofessional and next day i noticed a couple checkin around 12:00.
The location is good, next to the metro station and the room is quite spacious. I wasn’t satisfied with the cleaning because our bed sheets were not changed at all -just tidied during our stay.
We wanted to use spa, however there were no clean towels and no one to ask for so took a quick sauna session and went back to our room totally wet ;)
The speed of free wifi was OK.
During checkout, we also spent more than 20 minutes because they couldn’t prepare the invoice we asked the day before.
It is OK to stay if you do not have better options but I am sure Berlin has a lot of varieties.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
AxelhotelBerlin, Gerente at TWO Hotel Berlin by Axel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear Alper, thank you so much for your recent stay in the Two Hotel. I m sorry that you found some point which you dont like. I is true that the check in is at 3pm but we are always trying to check in the people earlier in case we have room. Please not that maybe the other day we were not fully booked or the guest left much earlier so that Housekeeping had time to clean the rooms. You need to see all this kind of option. There is no receptionist who didnt make the check in because he dont like you.
I will hope that you give us another chance in the future. Best regards from Berlin, Oliver Böhme, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 29 September 2018

This was my first time at the Two, despite having been to Berlin so many times. My friend I went with wanted to stay at a gay hotel for some reason, and so we picked the Two.
I think it was a great choice as a hotel.
It's great inside: new, modern, well-equipped, and a friendly staff to boot.

For me, the area itself is not near any of the tourist things I wanted to show my friend, so it was quite a Uber trek to get anywhere. That's the only downside.

Otherwise, the rooms are great, the breakfast is wonderful, and the gym is one of the best I've ever seen in a hotel, which was important to us.
Well done.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
AxelhotelBerlin, Gerente at TWO Hotel Berlin by Axel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Thank you so much for your recent stay in the Two Hotel Berlin. It was a pleasure to had you as guest here and we are looking forward to welcome you again. Best regards, Oliver Böhme, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 September 2018

Axel Hotels is a hotel chain focusing on the gay community. We didn't know that fact when booking a room, although we have never regret we booked a room in this hotel! Moreover, if we go to another destination having Axel hotel, we will definitely stay there!

Good things about the hotel:
- the staff is very friendly, they try their best to fulfill all guests' wishes (when booking a room we wrote a note that we want a quiet room with one big king size bed instead of two small beds, and we got such room!);
- the room is very modern and clean (I want to mention that the shower was designed perfectly, it was the first hotel (seriously!) where I saw a shower that doesn't "create" a puddle in the bathroom after using it, despite I traveled a lot);
- our room was very quiet, no street noise was heard;
- as this is gay hotel there were no families with children screaming and running along the corridors;
- the bed is very comfortable, there is a lot of pillows;
- toiletries include the soap, shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion - completely enough even for exacting guests;
- you can use the safe for free;
- fast wireless Internet;
- a lot of TV channels;
- mini USB/lightning charger was present in the room (by the way, there is a lot of free power sockets in case you bring your own chargers, this is very important in modern world when everyone has a smartphone, a smart watch, maybe and iPad and a digital camera...);
- good location: U-Bahn station is located in ~200m from the hotel; the hotel is located in ~30 minutes walk from Kurfürstendamm (the main shopping avenue of Berlin) and Berlin Zoo.

I have found only one disadvantage:
- the fridge (minibar) is too loud, moreover, it never switches off (it is buzzing all the time without stopping), and one even can't unplug it from the power socket as the socket is hidden (so, take the earplugs with you if you find such noise annoying).

To sum up, I would like to return here again and would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: If you write a note when booking a room and the staff will try their best to fulfill your wishes.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krisstalla
AxelhotelBerlin, Gerente at TWO Hotel Berlin by Axel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Hi Krisstalla, thank you so much for your recent stay and your amazing review. It is always nice to surprise guests and i m more than happy that you like your stay with us. We are all looking forward to welcome you soon again. Best regards, Oliver Böhme ; Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I had accidentally booked this hotel, not realising it was mainly for gay and lesbian couples. However, me and my partner did not feel out of place.
The staff were very friendly. The room was very clean and modern.
The location is perfect for catching a train or taxi to the centre of Berlin, bars, clubs and restaurants.
I used the pool, gym and spa facilities and they were really relaxing and modern.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
AxelhotelBerlin, Gerente at TWO Hotel Berlin by Axel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear AbbieE, thank you so much for your recent stay with us and your great review. It is always nice to surprise people :-) Best regards from Berlin, Oliver Böhme, Hotel Manager