1,606 results
All reviews the natural history museum accor hotels around the corner main station u bahn station tram stop minute walk convenient hotel free wifi tegel airport would stay here again by foot brandenburg gate public transport within walking distance the air conditioning city break
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the property for 3 nights during our Europe trip. The hotel is close to public transport and well located in Mitte with nice restaurants and pubs handy.

All the good things stop there.

The coldest welcome anyone has ever given... I talk from experience having travelled over 60 countries. I am not very picky when it comes to hotels but this one was just the limit.

Let me also add I am an Accor Platinum member.

Upon check in the lady straight away handed out the key and guided us to where the room is. Usually receptions asks if you are travelling and try and help you out, anyway that’s just a personal opinion.

Our room did not have a functional air con. Upon telling reception they said the technician will check. We spent the whole night in a warm room despite open windows as it was quite hot in Berlin. Next morning asked again and were given the same answer. Spend the second night in a sweaty bed. Third morning asked and were told there is a problem with the entire hotel. Should this not have been told at the time of check in. I could have gone some where else. But they would lose a booking so I guess kept quiet.
Only if you are prepared to spend your night in a hot room then it’s fine. I am not especially in hot weather.

Upon check out when we advised reception again the guy said it’s not their problem the air con isn’t working. ( this has to be the most amusing and at the same time disgusting reply) I have ever received. For someone staying at your hotel show some courtesy and respect.

In short for Accor members - don’t expect too much from this hotel. No benefits were given until asked for them on the last day.They don’t deserve loyal members. For this kind of an attitude I wouldn’t skip a beat to pay premium $$$$ for an exceptional service.

P.S - hotel manager I am awaiting your reply to my email.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NG2711
MercureBerlinCity, Geschäftsführer at Mercure Hotel Berlin City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear NG2711,

we are very sorry for your bad experience in our hotel.
Please accept again my deepest apologies.

We have replied to your email write away and hope that this reached you!

Again we are very sorry and hope you give us a seconde chance.

Best regards

Philip Ibrahim & Team

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Mercure Hotel Berlin City was a pleasant stay close to public transport, both train and tram. Staff were friendly and room was clean. No air conditioning resulted in hot nights which would be less of an issue during cooler months. Unable to rate food as we ate at local eateries. Overall happy with stay and all round value for money.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Went for the bank holiday weekend and hotel was lovely, beds were comfy and rooms spacious the bathrooms are smart, but the only thing that lets this place down is THE AIR CON, it was 29 degrees all weekend and the rooms were like an Imogen, we had to be moved as the air con didn’t work but was the same in all rooms, was unbearable at times, but all in all would recommend all day long

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Excellent location close to UBahn with tram outside the front door to the Hauptbahnhof two stops away. Friendly and helpful staff. Good clean room. Nice atmosphere in the bar. We didn't eat in the hotel, however the food looked good. Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 26 April 2018

My wife booked 3 rooms for 6 people at this hotel through booking.com and mistakenly did not tick the free cancellation policy. It was for her sisters hen do. She had to cancel the hotel due to a significant down turn in their mothers terminal illness and contacted both booking.com and the hotel directly. Booking.com were great and attempted to obtain a full refund. The hotel was non communicative and even less understanding. We didn't even receive a reply. Booking.com had to contact them after several times that we tried to, we got nowhere.

Im sure it is a decent hotel to stay but I wouldn't even consider any hotel from this chain/group ever again.

For the size of this chain of hotels and the fact that they would probably sell the rooms anyway, being in the capital, i find it disgusting that we have paid 444EUROS for the rooms that we cannot use.

The service, or lack of, that we received is particularly disappointing. We didn't even got an acknowledgement from the hotel. They've took the money and then they'll make more selling them on.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank gavinpeters2018
MercureBerlinCity, Geschäftsführer at Mercure Hotel Berlin City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Gavin Peters 2018,

thank you for your feedback!

I am very sorry for the inconveniences you had experienced.
After investigating with my team, I could not find details on you call and situation with us and booking.

Just as an explanation and a feedback, the non refundable rates are - very similar to airlines - linked to higher cancellation restrictions.
This is the only possibility to sell the rooms on a lower rate.

Nevertheless, please contact us or me directly so that I can look in your case.

Best regards