“Very good and very informative ”

Berlin Story Museum
Ranked #159 of 938 things to do in Berlin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The BERLIN STORY MUSEUM creates a vivid overview of Berlin's turbulent history - contemporary, tangible, international.The museum is in an original WW II bunker.The bunker can be visited.AudioGuide in 10 languages. The BERLIN Story MUSEUM has recreated some of Berlin's most infamous historical scenes. Visitors are lead chronologically through Berlin's history. Each scene is complimented with a 100 second film as well as exhibition pieces. The film ,,The making of Berlin" round up the experience.
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

The research and energy to synthesise such a great volume of information to a palatable experience means this a must go in Berlin!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
in 13 reviews
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

You can do both on a combined ticket or just choose one or the other. We did both and spent around 3 hours wandering the bunker listening to the audio guide. (Included in ticket price). If you don't know the history of Berlin then worth spending the time. Was a bit let down by building work drilling noise that was too loud to hear during parts of the visit. No guided tours, but audio tape pretty good.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

With an audio guide to lead us through, this was an informative and interesting way to learn about the story of Berlin. Yes, there are some parts that are very similar to other museums (if you are telling the history of a place, I would be concerned if there wasn't!) but as a whole, it was very well done. I expect it could be cramped at peak times but still worth finding.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Overall, I enjoyed my visit to the Berlin Story Museum, which covers numerous aspects of the history of Berlin from ancient to modern. However, the amount of information can be slightly overwhelming (so don't feel like you need to read every panel) and when I went in the late afternoon, there were so many school kids (teenagers) literally running around (in addition to the other tourists) that I had a hard time physically moving around, which affected my enjoyment.

I waited for about 20 minutes after my visit for the English-guided tour of the bunker to start (you can only visit the nearby bunker in one of these guided tours). I'm so glad I waited, because I've never gotten to see anything quite like the bunker. Though it was a short tour, I think I actually enjoyed it more than the museum itself.

1  Thank LANA H
See more reviews
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Revisiting same old pictures and stories just in another building. Too small effort was given to do something better. Let the building and its history but the whole setting is just another museum.

Sorry for this but I was hardly waiting to finish the visit.

enno_lenze, Manager at Berlin Story Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Dear Jurij,
The story of the Nazis, their propaganda, warcrimes and how they were responsible for 70.000.000 on the planet won't change. So that's why it's still the "same old story" - sorry, that we couldn't make up something new about that. What is special about our museum is, that we show it in details from the beginning to the end. We hope that we can show the visitors how the whole thing was started and why we shod be careful with promises like that, even today.
Regards, Enno Lenze