Grand Hyatt Berlin(Berlin)
US$ 436
US$ 417
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Generator Hostel Berlin Mitte(Berlin)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
US$ 47
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
All reviewscold meatsquiet areafree wifiyogurtroom was cleanbalconysupermarketneighborhood
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Good hotel with a central location - we wanted to have three keys but that was impossible. We also checked out one day before but was not offered a refund.

We would stay again since it's still value for money.

Clean and tidy all though a rather old hotel with all what you can expect. Good and free wifi. Quiet location but still very central

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Excellent as ever.
Friendly and helpful staff.
Handy for sightseeing and local transport links.
Got a balcony room this year and so nice to relax and unwind after a busy day of sightseeing.
Brought our own kettle this year so could unwind over tea and coffee on balcony.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2016

I read a lot of things about the hotel after I'd booked it, not all of them good. But after staying for four nights I came to the conclusion that some people simply don't understand the concept of "value for money". We were delayed for five hours at the airport so arrived after reception had closed for the night - not a problem - all I had to do was let them know by email and they gave me a code to access the key from a safe in the doorway. The room was clean and comfortable.... and as for the reviewer who said her daughter had her phone stolen while she slept, as there are three locks to get through ( the outside door, the landing door and the room door) I can only imagne she didn't lock her door properly. Double or twin? I was with my husband and so had booked a "double" - it turned out to be a twin. When we queried this in the morning it was explained that as far as they are concerned a room for two people is a twin - so if you are a couple wishing to share a bed it's wise to let them know this in the "information for the hotel" when you book. They moved the furniture around for us to push the beds together. The shower: we always had plenty of hot water - however, there was not an automatic mixer tap - you had to mix the hot and cold yourself, and there was usually a moment when it ran cold about 30 seconds into the shower.... but thereafter it ran hot, so once you get the hang of it only a professional moaner could complain! (I wonder where these complainers live..... Have they never been students living in 20th century accomodation?) The breakfast buffet was great: as much tea or coffee as you wanted, cereal, museli, yoghut, fruit salad (OK, it was from a tin, and the orange juice was a bit weak ..... but the breakfast - for two people - was included in the room rate of 53€75 per night, so it was tremendous value for money), boiled or scrambled eggs, cheese, cold meat (ham), two or three kinds of bread, cake, jam, honey, nutella...... Nice porcelaine plates and cups and real tablecloths. The ONLY "problem" with staying here is the one thing which the hotel could not change and that is the location. Although it's not far from the centre we needed to change metro at the Zoo in order to get anywhere...... so it is ideal if like us you're going out in the morning and coming back in the evening to sleep. if you want to keep popping back to the hotel then don't stay here.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Meluzyna
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

My nan stayed here. We were told you could pay on card. The woman working refused rudely despite us showing proof that they stated they accepted them.

Bad atmosphere, rude staff and old rooms.

Would neither stay again, nor recommend.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank samcooke91
Reviewed 11 November 2015

My daughter stopped here for several days in June. While she was sleeping someone came into her room and stole her phone which was on display charging - fortunately she had nothing else to steal and didn't wake up. Whilst the police were incredibly helpful the hotel were definately not. When I spoke to the hotel about this they blamed my daughter and said she can't have locked her door properly - she was adament she did. Apparently the spare room keys were easily accessible from the customer side of the reception desk - which was not always manned. Aside from this the area was not nice, several drunks loitered outside. The food was cold. I would 100 per cent not recommend this "hotel"

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends