“Familys watch out!”
Review of Hotel Atlas Berlin

Hotel Atlas Berlin
Ranked #31 of 194 Berlin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

We had booked a room for 2 adults and 2 kids. We got a room for 3 only. Our little guy slept on blankets on the floor which was better than to share the very narrow 'kids-double-bed' with his elder brother. We complained at the Front desk without success. They offered us a free breakfast which we did reject. The front desk lady was helpful and nice... the Hotel manager/owner did give a sh**t about our complaint. The Hotel is OK apart from that. Just don't go in summer... no AC in the rooms and one cannot sleep with open windows (distance to the Autobahn is just appr. 20m from the Hotel). Breakfast is OK.. just a little crowded at times. Getting onto the sub or trains is perfect... 3 min walk only.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Been there with g/f and 2 other friends. We had 2 double bed rooms. A clean, cosy place with decent heated space. Very good breakfast was available for 8€/person. Worth it in my opinion. Very good connection with the city, U and S bahn literally 100m from the place. Neighbourhood is quiet, ideal for resting between city tours and activities. Couple of good places to eat nearby. Also, half of km to the "Drank market" where you can find all kinds of beer for good prices.

Will come back there when I visit Berlin next time.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Before you begin, there is an 11pm curfew which we found out about on the first night we were here. If you are looking to explore night life, this isn't a place to stay. They lock the doors and once that is done you cannot get back in!

We stayed here for 7 nights. At the beginning, it was difficult making a booking and I was emailing a woman called Anna who worked at the reception desk. I paid for the holiday (in Euros by bank transaction) and all was fine. Well after the horrendous flight we were on (the Rangers fans one from Edinburgh) we were scammed €40 by the taxi driver which should have been €25 (I researched) so I was at this point in no mood for confrontation. The woman at the desk hardly spoke any English, didn't even catch her name and told me I still had money to pay for my booking... Wait what? She said I never transfered all the money. It was written in black and white it had been. I asked why didn't anyone email me 3 weeks ago when the money arrived, she didn't have a clue what I said. Being angry as I was I paid and we asked about breakfast.

Caution! Breakfast per day is €8 per person. We were not going to pay €16 a day to have breakfast. There is a cafe along the road Cafe Crema for €6-7 a day you can have the best croissants and muffins and coffee on a budget!

The room was beautiful on the third floor (we got a double room) and it was constantly warm especially with the weather that was outside. We never had problems (so far, we are on our last 2 days) and apart from going outside to smoke all the time it isn't so bad. The S and U bahn is accessible. The best place to eat around honestly would be the takeaway called One Dio just beside the Elevator to Ausang. Papalina avoid like the plague. Alcatraz, the food is OK but be careful. They put things on your food that isn't even on the menu! Restaurante Roma was getting refurbished and the rest were kebab places that didn't interest us. There isnt much around but a great Wall everyday to the tourist attractions.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Good location, near metro station. Clean room with enough space. At reception you can get all information that you need and also map and prospects. We couldnt find market close to hotel. Very good price for that quality of room.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed here years ago and the hotel really needed some serious redecoration. They did an excellent job, although the intimate atmosphere of the good old hotel Bernhard is gone. Now is a medium budget hotel, with cheap furniture, conveniently located near the S-bahn and the U-bahn. The receptionists are not very helpful nor particularly friendly, I asked one of them to book a restaurant for me and she did not help me. Kind of disapointing, but it is just an episode, it happens. The structure was clean and properly heated. All in all a good choice if you are in Berlin for a couple of days.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family