All reviews recommend this hotel nice and clean hotel excellent location hotel is located s bahn minute walk single room train station savignyplatz euros stops cafes
Reviewed 4 August 2018

The hotel was cold and damp, I really froze. It was refused to turn on heating, there was no heater. I had very early departure,so I decided to pay the evening before. In the morning I was stopped by the hotel receptionist. He demanded additional 40 euros for an extra-bed. I booked a Double room for 2 persons and lived in a room together with my 9-years old daughter. She slept with me on the main bed, so I reasonably refused to pay for this imposed service. We were waiting for a taxi to the airport. We were in a hurry. One hotel employee barred my way out as a criminal, the second one checked to see if there were any extra bed in our room. And only after that, without even making any apologies, we were released. We almost missed the plane. A disgusting attitude and boorish service I`ve ever had! Strongly do not recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: July 2018
Susanne C, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Mondial, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

dear Marina, we are sorry to not meet your expectations. we are sorry for not turning on the heating System when outside temp. is over 30 degrees Celsius and sorry for charging an extra bed (we really shall not do that as a hotel). we will discuss the matter in our next meeting so we can improve, i see potential in Service, and in security, .
who was second worst?
sincerely
Christian
managing director

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Excellent hotel. The rooms are clean and quiet. Location is perfect. Close to the train station and surrounded by many lovely restaurants. The staff were friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Aislingnishe O
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Had another good experience staying in this hotel. I arrived early and was able to check in earlier. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are clean. Good speed Wifi. GREAT location, close to everywhere: city center, U-Bahn, bust stops, restaurants ....
Breakfast was much better than last time, better selection.
The only downside was: at nights the AC was either turned off or on the low speed. I have stayed in other hotels in Berlin but my choice was and would be Mondial .
I would highly recommend this hotel !!!!

Room tip: If you want quiet, choose the North side rooms.
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2018

I found this hotel while searching TripAdvisor. This is my second time staying in this hotel, every time for 14 days and both times had a great experience and time. The staff are super friendly and helpful, the rooms are very clean, south side rooms are a bit noisy, north side rooms are quite. Breakfast is really good, the service is really good. Great WiFi , high speed. GREAT LOCATION, close to the city center (10 minute walking distance). You have easily access to: U–Bahn, bus stop, Great restaurants, supermarket, pharmacy......
If you want a nice place to stay in Berlin, I would highly recommend Mondial !!!!

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Location: The hotel is located somewhat centrally in Kurfürstendamm street, with fairly easy access (about a 5 minute walk) to two separate U-Bahn lines (U1 at Uhlandstraße and U7 at Adenauerplatz) as well as Savignyplatz S-Bahn. There is a good number of restaurant options and shops nearby. Unfortunately, that's about the only positive thing about this hotel.

The Experience: I arrived early to the hotel (10 am) and had to wait a staggering 4.5 hours (also the amount of time the average runner would need to run a 42-km marathon from start to finish) before they could give me my room (2:30 pm). Their official check-in time is 3 pm, which is pretty late. Most hotels worldwide check you in at 2 pm, and several will accomodate early check-ins with no fuss and within a reasonable time frame. I would have even been willing to pay for an early check-in, but was offered no such option. This made for a very negative first impression.

The room was standard fare with a decent sized bed (think 2/3rds of a queen size bed). Regarding temperature control, the room had no AC or fan (Germany has... "different" ideas about air-conditioning) but did possess windows that could be opened, which is great if you are planning to donate some blood to boost the local mosquito population. I would not recommend staying here during extreme temperatures (especially during winter and summer) unless you are re-enacting scenes from Dante's Inferno or lack a thalamus.

By far the most egregious part of my stay here was the Internet connection. It was slower than an American President and about as stable as marriages in the 21st century, which is to say the connection broke about half the time. The hotel advertises itself as a 4-star hotel, but I have honestly stayed in 2 and 3-star hotels with better Internet. Naturally I complained to the staff several times about it, who were about as helpful as a chocolate frying pan is for cooking. This is, of course, completely unacceptable.

The final nail in the coffin is: The hotel advertises soundproof rooms and I even ticked the "I'd like a quiet room" box on Booking.com, but apparently despite the similarity of most words between German and English, "quiet room" and "soundproof" in German seem to mean "you will hear drilling noises every morning because we are renovating our kitchen". No mention of this renovation was made during check-in.

Given all these surprises, I ended up checking out a day earlier and forfeited the payment of the last night, but the peace of mind was very much worth it. Nie und nimmer wieder (Never again).

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank Saif_A1

dear Saif, thank you for your delightful and honest comments, which i and my Team enjoyed reading. and also and this is what is important where we can learn from our mistakes and improve in our Service. first of all i am sorry not to have matched your expectations, but let me answer also honestly.
- early Arrival, most of the times it is possible to get your room earlier, without any Charge (we are now thinking about future Option to Charge early Arrival so future guest will have a guarentee). on this day it happened that almost nobody wanted to leave room early, and we do not want to throw anybody out before time, i think that finds your acceptance.
- we do have air condition in most of the rooms, but due to laws we are not able to fulfill freezing dantes Inferno. you are right in some countries there is a different way of dealing with it.
- i totally agree with you that it is not acceptible that what the Internet Speed and coverage concerns, Germany is trying to catch up to countries like for example Lesotho. if it weren´t sometimes that sad, it would be funny. as you can see i´m not trying to find an obscur Explanation like there was too much download in that Moment or something like that. yes we certainly have to improve in that matter. on our hotel part we will install new hotspots
- i ´, sorry for the inconvenience you had because of the renovation in the kitchen, one thing that had to be done (during daytime), a few more renovations will follow , as you mentioned before it is time for those actions .
at the end, once more i´m sorry for the Trouble we caused and i hope you give us a second Chance so that we can proof to you that when everything runs normal on both sides what a fine small hotel we are and what a beautiful and great Team we have.
sincerely