Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie
  • Pool
US$ 109
US$ 101
3,386 results
All reviewscheckpoint charlieprivilege suitefamily suitecheck point charliegreat hotelquiet streetseparate toiletcoffee machinearound the cornerhuge roomexcellent locationunter den lindenwithin walking distancesitting areasuperior roomsmall balconyshower room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I found on offer for an Privilege Suite and I must admit that I was a bit skeptical, since I had never stayed at a Mercure Hotel before. However, it was an extremely nice experience: The staff were so friendly and sweet, the room was excellent (we had a huuuge bed), according to my mom (who is an expert when it comes to cleanness) it was very clean, room service was nice (not to pricey) parking was easy and breakfast was great too. And you got Unter den Linden just around the corner and Brandenburger Tor just a short walk away... I have already recommended it to my friends and we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Even though we were deeply disappointed by Berlin as loud and unpleasant city, where you have to have cash in your pocket, cause credit cards are not everywhere accepted, and everything has it's price (even taking photograph of monuments costs 2 euro (SIC!)), the Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie was an extraordinary experience. The room was spacious and smart design with separated corner for the child bed, so both parents and the child had their private space. TV offer included also non-German channels (which is not a standard in Gernam hotels unfortunately), bathroom was nice and very clean, toilet separated from the bath, which is very convenient for family. The coffee maker in the room (capsul type) made us fast and tasty coffee in the morning.
Breakfast in the hotel was a delicious experience. The food was very fresh, served beautifully, very tasty. The choice of food was huge, starting from delicious German specialities, through the standard English breakfast, also including healthy choices as well as products for alergic and vegetarians.
Last but not least the service was very nice. Hotel employees speak very good English (which is also not a standard in Germany), they were very polite and helpful.
I will always be recommending this hotel, and if I will visit Berlin again, I will definitely choose Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie as my place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Joanna W
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have spent the Easter break in Berlin with my extended family, we were in six. The rooms were really comfortable. In particular we got the "Rossi" suite, which is huge, witn high ceiling, and with 15 euro we got a superior room which was worth the upgrade.
The hotel is very central, in walking distance from Brandenburg Gate and really close to Checkpoint Charlie. Location is excellent.
The best score is for breakfast which is really good and abundant.
Staff is very kind. Furniture is new.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We had a couple of nights here. Check-in was smooth. Rooms are big and modern and fresh. The windows open for cool air. The room is quality - 50% larger than the norm. The price of the room and breakfast was exceptional - very good value.

The breakfast spread was also very good. They do not do a lot of hot - but the range of bread, cereal, cheese, fruit, juices etc. was more than I could stuff into my cheek pouches.
Alcohol prices were high - that reflected central Berlin prices.

Internet access pricing was very poor. They were wanting up to £7 per day. That is not acceptable. Free access only in the lobby is poor service. This is the only criticism I can level at the hotel. If they sort that, I will come back for my holidays year after year after year.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com