Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie
US$ 190
US$ 551
US$ 211
3,385 results
All reviewscheckpoint charlieprivilege suitefamily suitecheck point charliegreat hotelquiet streetseparate toiletcoffee machinearound the cornerhuge roomexcellent locationunter den lindenwithin walking distancesitting areasuperior roomsmall balconyshower room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I spent last week in Berlin visiting with my brother (who lives in Budapest). Each of us took a room at the Mercure Hotel & Residenz Berlin Checkpoint Charlie. The hotel was reasonably priced, centrally located, and provided exceptional service. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and responsive. The hotel rooms were large and attractively furnished. My brother's room (222) was a smoking room and had a balcony. (All rooms are non-smoking except those on the second floor.) My room (616) was near the elevator on the sixth floor, but was very quiet for restful sleep. Both rooms overlooked different and attractive courtyards. The breakfast buffet (included in the price of the room) was extraordinary, with a large variety of hot and cold foods of high quality. The common areas of the hotel (the breakfast room, bar and lobby) were decorated attractively with modern furnishings. There was a computer in the lobby for the personal and business use of the guests. The hotel location in Mitte was within walking distance of all the areas I had wanted to see (such as Museuminsel, the Reichstag, the Brandenberg Gate, the Tiergarten, Potsdammer Platz and the Philharmonie, the Jewish Museum and the New Synagog, Nicolaiviertel and Alexanderplatzplatz). There were great restaurants near the hotel, and one of the best chocolate stores in Europe (Fassbender & Rausch) just a short walk away. The rate for the hotel was extremely reasonable. I will unquestionably stay at this hotel whenever I return to Berlin.

One minor criticism: while there was free wireless access (as well as the one wireline computer for guest use) in the hotel lobby, the quality of the wireless connection in the room (for which there was a charge) was not very good. (Shortly after trying the room wireless connection, I cancelled my order for a full refund.)

Room Tip: All rooms are non-smoking except those on the second floor. Room 222 (and I thus assume the 22 rooms) had a room-length balcony. Both Room 222 and Room 616 were quiet and overlooked courtyards.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark111746
Reviewed 3 April 2012

One of the best hotels I have stayed in. The room was brilliant,the service was excellent and very friendly. Great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Whilst I was flying home back to Manchester from my first ever visit to Berlin, I thought to myself that I would make the effort to add a positive comment on Tripadvisor about this hotel, something I have not been moved to do for many of the hotels my wife and I have previously encountered.
We both thought that when we return to Berlin later this year ( the place impressed us immensely) we would most certainly be staying again at the Mercure, Checkpoint Charlie.
Everything about the hotel was perfect for us.The location in the Mitte district, the helpfulness, friendliness and cheerfulness of the staff--at reception, in the bar, during breakfast--was exemplary. The room was very well appointed, clean, very comfortable and QUIET! ( A BIG plus for me !) It all combined to make our stay in Berlin a joy...to the extent that when we return, I would not consider an alternative.
What was also a nice surprise, was that on turning on my emails upon my return, there was one from the Hotel waiting for me ( further cementing my good impressions) welcoming me home and hoping that I had had an enjoyable stay....
Yes, I had!!
And I let them know it !!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank quickbrew
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This hotel was in a great location, only about 15 min. walk to many shops and restaurants as well we had no problem walking around the area late at night. The room itself was excellent, it had a great bathroom, bed, and featured a nice little coffee making system. The breakfast in the mornings was also above standard for many of the hotels throughout Germany. The only downside we found was having to pay for internet access in the room, this becomes an issue if you just want to log on for a moment and check for a restaurant or museum and you end up paying for just a few minutes of use. Would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple