“Rude staff with bad tempers when they make mistakes!”
Review of Zur Rose

Zur Rose
Ranked #319 of 9,638 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mitte
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

This cafe was quite close to my hotel. I actually went there twice for breakfast. The first time I had a nice coffee and French breakfast with a side dish. The waitress was friendly and professional. The next morning my partner and I decided to go back as it was decent. There were different staff this time and they were giggling all the time and unattentive. We ordered and the waitress went away. Roughly 10 minutes later, she asked me what side dishes had I ordered. I told her, and about 15 mins later, she brought out the wrong order. I told her and then she became defensive and hostile. She claimed it was what I ordered. I had taken a photo of the breakfast I ordered the day before and pointed out what the French breakfast included (a croissant, jam and fruit). She raised her voice and said ‘Fine! If you want fruit and jam I will bring it!!! At that point I wanted to leave. The place had about five other couples nearby and they were all looking at the waitress and I. I kept my cool though. She brought my sides and went back to the barista counter where she was mumbling something in German and then she and her blond colleague were laughing. If you can guess, I didn’t eat the sides I ordered. I certainly did not trust her. I would avoid this place like the plague. It nearly ruined my trip!

1  Thank Miaka W

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Found this restaurant in a side road. Great service and food , went for the German classic meals and not disappointed. Reasonable prices.
Would certainly visit again .

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We headed up to Zur Rose for our last breakfast before heading to the airport to fly home.
If I'm completely honest it wasn't a touch on what we had experienced earlier on in our trip but every one has their personal preferences and choices.
Ok it's a quirky and enjoyable place to be on a rainy day but the food could have done with some more flavours and possibly a little bit more of it too

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Neighborhood restaurant away from the Tourist corridor. Generous portions and friendly service. Outdoor seating. Try the Veal Sausage made with roasted potatoes and crispy onion straws and salad just 12€.
The Apfel Strudel was beautifully presented - beware for nut allergies - there’s sliced almonds.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

A very good choice at a very cultural neighborhood. Cosy and vintage atmosphere! You must taste potato soup with sausage and the snitsel!! And the staff is very smiling and helpful! Price at person 15-18€.

1  Thank Thelgy K