“Fantastic People to Deal With”

Pullman Berlin Schweizerhof
Ranked #26 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
Edinburgh
“Fantastic People to Deal With”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Due to unforeseen and unpredictable circumstances, I had to cancel my reservation for October 2012. The trip had been arranged in celebration of my 50th birthday and my 30th wedding anniversary. All of the staff I dealt with at the hotel were extremely understanding about my predicament and went out of their way to try and find me alternative dates for my stay. When the alternative dates fell through (because my airline couldn't agree flight details) the hotel were, again, very sympathetic. The icing on the cake was that, despite having booked and paid in advance a few months ago at a rate which was non-changeable and non-refundable, they gave me a full refund.

I cannot speak highly enough of the staff at the hotel. They were professional to a fault, and my only regret is that I didn't actually get to stay there. Nonetheless, I plan to visit Berlin next year and, simply because of the way they tried to help me, I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. I can't wait to go.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yockenthwaite
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ards
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

We are just back from our holiday in Berlin, having stayed here for five days. We found staff discreet, friendly and helpful at all times. The hotel itself is situated near the famous Zoological Gardens and offers stunning surroundings, well appointed comfortable rooms, fantastic food and a beautiful basement spa and swimming pool.
We were heartbroken to leave and hope to return soon to a fabulous hotel and an amazing city.

• Stayed August 2012
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Could not fault any part of the hotel. Friendly and efficient staff and immaculate room with complimentary water bottles provided during the stay. The Wellness facility was particularly relaxing and luxurious after a busy day in the zoo or Berlin sightseeing and the breakfast was a delicious and great way to keep you going for the day. They do try and get the rooms cleaned whilst you're having breakfast as well, so that's impressive!

Room Tip: We had a view of the Zoo and could sometimes see the animals grazing, excellent!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Roma
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Friendly staff, very nice rooms and everything you expect from such a high level hotel.

I stayed for about 10 days and, thanks to expedia, I payed 377€ total (37€ per night, unbelievable price).

The hotel's position is very close to a subway hub, Zooloschiger Garten, so that moving with public transports is very easy.

Also, the hotel is in front of the zoo which I reccomend visiting.

The only negative thing is that... I found what I believe to be *crap* on my hand towel.
I had never defecated until then, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't my fault.

I put the dirty towel on the ground to make the cleaning staff understand it had to be changed... the next day I found a new, clean, towel.

BUT I checked my room mate towel and, guess what... he had the crap-stained towel that I had before! I have no explanation for this but It didn't really matter as I could just use my shower towel.

I still give 5 stars since mistakes can happen.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Great Hotel. Wonderful! The room was very clean, and well furnished. Swimming pool, simply outstanding, sauna and rest are the best that you can imagine. The hotel is well located. This is the best hotel in Berlin, you cannot get better in terms price/quality. I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family