“Nice lobby, Nice breakfeast, small rooms”

Wyndham Berlin Excelsior
Ranked #313 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed here 4 couples 8 people, on a weekend Tour.
The location was excellent, the rooms was dissapointingly small.
They looks much more Big on the pictures on the internet, but be prepared for very small boxes.
A clean hotel, friendly staff, many of the staff spoke german, Danish, swedish and english- surprised.
Very Nice breakfeast, many to choose from.
Close to KaDeWe, perfect for shopping.
Happy that we didn't had to stay in this room for more than 2 nights.

Room Tip: Try to get the biggest room in the hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Berlin Excelsior

Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in September 2011 with my sister and her boyfriend. I have been to Berlin several times and this was my second time staying around the zoo. Berlin has no real "center" of town, and its so big and spread out that there are many areas that would be good to stay in . I enjoyed this location as it is close to the shopping district and the Zoo train stop can get you anywhere by bus or train. The rooms were large and bathrooms were decent. The location is about 2 blocks from the zoo. I think next time I would stay on the other side of the zoo a bit closer to the kdamm, but other than that it was great.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I was in Berlin for an exhibition at Messe and stayed at this hotel for the second time. Hotel is in close proximity to the exhibition hall. It is located in the Ku'damm area (which is actually a shopping area). I made an advance booking and got a good rate although it was a exhibition period. My colleagues were charged almost double. Friendly staff, modern hotel. Rooms are spacious when compared to similar hotels. It is advertised that WiFi is complimentary at the hotel. Yes it is but only for 30 minutes. They charge you 12,50 Euros for a 24 hours connection. Breakfast is satisfactory. Buffet is not unlimited but enough. This is a good spot to stay for business travellers. Yet it is not proximite to touristical sights. For leisure travellers, I would recommend to stay in Mitte area which is the bohemian district of Berlin.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2012

hotel reciptian is good and helpfull, breakfast is good, rooms small and not very clean as you can not walk in the rooms without shos, we have asked for iron but we told we do not give iron and in the next day we find the house keeper carying one to next room, they only change the beds but the cleaning is poor in the rooms and beds are too small
frank resturant is good and they have a good food
the rate is 6 out of 10
O el´sherif
London

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ossama e
Reviewed 9 March 2012

On entering my bedroom I thought it looked very nice if a little small.
Before I unpacked my case I looked round the room for a wardrobe or rail to hang my clothes.
This is where my problem started. I couldnt find one!!!
Hidden away above the fridge was a cupboard barely 18 inches by 18 inches. In it was three hooks and three coat hangers. The only think you could hang was a shirt on one hanger. If you wanted to put more on another hanger then you would have had to take one off to get to the one behind it. My suit would not fit in the small space available.
On changing rooms my second room would barely make 2 star and was in urgent need of refurbishing.
If you are staying for one night and don't wish to change your clothes you will be ok though!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012