“good hotel but rooms not very clean”

Wyndham Berlin Excelsior
Ranked #299 of 634 Hotels in Berlin
London, United Kingdom
“good hotel but rooms not very clean”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

hotel reciptian is good and helpfull, breakfast is good, rooms small and not very clean as you can not walk in the rooms without shos, we have asked for iron but we told we do not give iron and in the next day we find the house keeper carying one to next room, they only change the beds but the cleaning is poor in the rooms and beds are too small
frank resturant is good and they have a good food
the rate is 6 out of 10
O el´sherif
London

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ossama e
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire
Reviewed 9 March 2012

On entering my bedroom I thought it looked very nice if a little small.
Before I unpacked my case I looked round the room for a wardrobe or rail to hang my clothes.
This is where my problem started. I couldnt find one!!!
Hidden away above the fridge was a cupboard barely 18 inches by 18 inches. In it was three hooks and three coat hangers. The only think you could hang was a shirt on one hanger. If you wanted to put more on another hanger then you would have had to take one off to get to the one behind it. My suit would not fit in the small space available.
On changing rooms my second room would barely make 2 star and was in urgent need of refurbishing.
If you are staying for one night and don't wish to change your clothes you will be ok though!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank YorkshireWellred

Travellers are raving about these Berlin hotels

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I am a resident of Asia and I don't understand why we as a community of consumers put up with the horrendous service, terrible room amenities and inconsistency that make your eyes water in Europe! The cost is usually 3 times the amount and upon arrival you have to carry your own luggage, open your own doors, smile to yourself and be amused at the room the size of a 10 cent piece!!!!!! Once in room you are faced with an additional charge of 10 Euro a day for internet!!!! Hmm shocking but true, but the real shock is - that is valid for 1 unit per time. Each time I am on the computer and want to use the phone I have to log off one and log on the other. Is this 2012? Again, come on consumer just say NO and don't stay here! Maybe then these companies will realize they have to make an effort for guest to stay instead of doing the bear minimum.

On my 3rd night, my room was made up with 1 towel! No hand towel, no bathmat nothing! Called Reception and after 10 minutes finally answered by a rude receptionist asking for room number over and over again. When I asked him his name he said Sami and it busy so get on with it! Why do we put up with this? I am amazed!

Overall there MUST be better in Berlin and if not, come on consumer get together and STOP putting up with these rubbish hotels for such enormous price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MichaelTravel22
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Our family of 4 (adults and teenagers) spent 4 comfortable nights at the Excelsior on our first visit to Berlin and all enjoyed it. Welcoming and helpful staff throughout our stay, smallish bedrooms but ideal for a city break, very clean city hotel with a cosy/warm feel to it but at same time light and modern. Loved the open fire in the reception/bar area gave cosy feel to it. The Hotel was quiet (no traffic noise) even though on a main street and we found a variety of restaurants and good shopping streets nearby, also very handy for the Zoo and public transport/train station which are 2-3 mins walk away. We will gladly stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear of the hotel were quiet (no traffic noise)
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The Excelsior is a hotel that has clearly been rehabbed. if you want a quaint old world feeling..you won't find it here. Sleek and glossy, the hotel has the feel of a modern city hotel. Reflective surfaces in the rooms. large oversized photography that also reflects back at you...white linens, wall mounted flat screen tv...you get the idea. The room is small, but well designed. My 23 year old son loved the decor and atmosphere. I prefer a little less sheen and alittle more warmth in my decor.
The staff was extremly helpful. The hotel is a 15 minute ride from Tega and ahalf block from the metro.
The price was great. I was ony there for a night so I didn't avail myself of amenities like the spa or restaurant. I was a little surprised that they charged for the wi-fi...I definitely would stay again , despite my liking older hotels with more warm atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family