2,356 results
All reviewsgin barleading hotels of the worldgreat hoteleuropa centrebusiness roomclub roomfirst floorfive star hotelindoor poollobby barspa facilitiesfree upgradeshopping districtper daybreakfast buffetzoo stationzoologischer garten
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed here for a weekend in Berlin. Great service, breakfast, location. I would stay there anytime again. Go. Well worth it.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Torsten_SC,

Many thanks for your short but great feedback here on TripAdvisor.

We hope we will have the pleasure soon again.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Upon our arrival in the hotel we were upgraded to a suite which was a nice surprise. As it was my wifes birthday the receptionist arranged for a card and cake to be sent up to our room within minutes of us checking in which we thought was a nice touch. The suite itself ws superb- spacious and well furnished. On our first night and to celebrate my wifes birthday, we ate in the `First Floor` restaurant-what an experience ! The food and service was magnificent and made for a very memorable night. The breakfast served in the hotel was also extremely good. There was a good choice of both hot and cold food. The food was distinguised by its freshness and the staff were helpful and friendly.We were able to walk into the restaurant without having to queue which is not always the case even in five star hotels.
We visited the leisure centre on a number of occasions which was very enjoyable. The only problem with the centre was that the jacuzzi is actually part of the pool which means it is filled with pool water at pool temperature. It is usually better if the jacuzzi is seperately heated. That being said, the centre was of a high standard and well worth visiting.
The hotel is well positioned in Berlin. It is close to both U-bahn and S-bahn stations and there is a bus stop virtually outside the hotel. This made getting around berlin very easy.
All in all this was a first class hotel in a first class location. The staff were friendly and helpful. We were made to feel welcome which is very important in any hotel.
We shall certainly be staying in the hotel Palace on our return to Berlin.

Room Tip: all the rooms in this hotel appeared to be of a high standard
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank john w

Dear john w,

Many thanks for your positive feedback.

We are happy to read that you and your wife had some fantastic days in Berlin and The Hotel Palace Berlin.

We are looking forward seeing you soon again.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Stayed here for four nights, mostly for a conference. It's a well-run, clean hotel with a sumptuous breakfast buffet and excellent conference support. But the place is under a floor-by-floor renovation, and I stayed in a not-yet-renovated room.

It was certainly clean, and big enough. But the furnishings are, in fact, in need of a good upgrade -- I would not be surprised if the decor was in place before the Wall fell. And to get to my floor, I had to take one elevator, hike one km, then take another to my floor, then another good walk. So for a spoiled American, it was a bit of a steeplechase to get to my room each time.

Internet connectivity is expensive, at EUR 20 per day, but reliable. But the Hotel Palace makes up for this inconvenience (they use a third-party provider and can't control the cost) with a voluptuous breakfast buffet that includes more than six kinds of cheese, six kinds of sausage, lovely soft-scrambled eggs, and the usual mix of sweet and savory choices that Germans (and others) love to consume before starting the day.

If you can get a renovated room, stay here. But if you can't, you may want to keep looking.

Room Tip: For the time being, avoid the sixth floor with room numbers over 625. You can't get there from here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank G-dog26

Dear G-dog26,

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Hotel Palace Berlin.

We are glad to read that your were satisfied with your stay. As you correctly mentioned in your feedback, we have just finished the renovation of 90 rooms and are planning already to move on. Because of the renovation you had to change the lift in order to reach your room. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused but hope for your understanding.

I hope we will have the pleasure to accommodate you soon again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

very good hotel to stay, dont miss it

I really can say that this hotel is very very worth to stay....
Except a very good room and service, food is amazing...

The only thing that I can complain is too expencive internet... 24 euros per day... sorry I am not gonna pay it... +9 euro per device for wifii... no way :0))

• Stayed: April 2012
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear EBSerb,

Many thanks for your feedback on your stay at the Hotel Palace Berlin.

We offer different kinds of Internet Packages starting from 10,00€ for one hour up to 22,00€ for twenty four hours incl. WLAN and unlimited download. Since we have a third party internet provider we are unable to change internet rates nor can we provide a free internet connection in our rooms. As we know that nowadays Internet is quite important, we have installed a separate internet terminal which is free of charge in our lobby.

I hope we will have the pleasure to accommodate you in the future again.

Reviewed 7 April 2012

As usual a wonderful place to unwind. I did have problem with a noisy builder in the Europa Centre next door, but when I asked, I was quickly moved to a very quiet room.
It is always worth booking in a business massage or simply lounging next to the pool. It is very easy to fall asleep. Very willing to help with my business documents. Happy with the bar food for dinner. Restaurant and Michellan star restaurant too. Great service all the way.
Easy access to the Ku-dam (Kurfurstendamm) shopping district. Quick walk to the Zoo station (S (regional) quick trip to Alexanderplatz and TV Tower, & 30 minutes to beautiful Potsdam and U-bahn (underground) out to Olympiastadion to watch Berlin football on a Saturday night).
If you walk pass the Zoo station into the park (200 m) you will find a friendly diner (Schleusen Krug) on the park (Tiergarten) and canal. Schnitzel excellent, goulash wonderful, hot toddy on a cold day, ask for a 'grog'.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank EdwardLAuckland

Dear EdwardLAuckland

Many thanks for your second feedback here on Tripadvisor!

We are very glad to read that you we were able to satisfy you once again.

We hope we will have the pleasure to accommodate you again shortly.