“Not quite yet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 663 Hotels in Berlin
Louisville, Kentucky
“Not quite yet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Stayed here for four nights, mostly for a conference. It's a well-run, clean hotel with a sumptuous breakfast buffet and excellent conference support. But the place is under a floor-by-floor renovation, and I stayed in a not-yet-renovated room.

It was certainly clean, and big enough. But the furnishings are, in fact, in need of a good upgrade -- I would not be surprised if the decor was in place before the Wall fell. And to get to my floor, I had to take one elevator, hike one km, then take another to my floor, then another good walk. So for a spoiled American, it was a bit of a steeplechase to get to my room each time.

Internet connectivity is expensive, at EUR 20 per day, but reliable. But the Hotel Palace makes up for this inconvenience (they use a third-party provider and can't control the cost) with a voluptuous breakfast buffet that includes more than six kinds of cheese, six kinds of sausage, lovely soft-scrambled eggs, and the usual mix of sweet and savory choices that Germans (and others) love to consume before starting the day.

If you can get a renovated room, stay here. But if you can't, you may want to keep looking.

Room Tip: For the time being, avoid the sixth floor with room numbers over 625. You can't get there from...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank G-dog26
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear G-dog26,

Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Hotel Palace Berlin.

We are glad to read that your were satisfied with your stay. As you correctly mentioned in your feedback, we have just finished the renovation of 90 rooms and are planning already to move on. Because of the renovation you had to change the lift in order to reach your room. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused but hope for your understanding.

I hope we will have the pleasure to accommodate you soon again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Rooms Division Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

very good hotel to stay, dont miss it

I really can say that this hotel is very very worth to stay....
Except a very good room and service, food is amazing...

The only thing that I can complain is too expencive internet... 24 euros per day... sorry I am not gonna pay it... +9 euro per device for wifii... no way :0))

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
Dear EBSerb,

Many thanks for your feedback on your stay at the Hotel Palace Berlin.

We offer different kinds of Internet Packages starting from 10,00€ for one hour up to 22,00€ for twenty four hours incl. WLAN and unlimited download. Since we have a third party internet provider we are unable to change internet rates nor can we provide a free internet connection in our rooms. As we know that nowadays Internet is quite important, we have installed a separate internet terminal which is free of charge in our lobby.

I hope we will have the pleasure to accommodate you in the future again.

Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

As usual a wonderful place to unwind. I did have problem with a noisy builder in the Europa Centre next door, but when I asked, I was quickly moved to a very quiet room.
It is always worth booking in a business massage or simply lounging next to the pool. It is very easy to fall asleep. Very willing to help with my business documents. Happy with the bar food for dinner. Restaurant and Michellan star restaurant too. Great service all the way.
Easy access to the Ku-dam (Kurfurstendamm) shopping district. Quick walk to the Zoo station (S (regional) quick trip to Alexanderplatz and TV Tower, & 30 minutes to beautiful Potsdam and U-bahn (underground) out to Olympiastadion to watch Berlin football on a Saturday night).
If you walk pass the Zoo station into the park (200 m) you will find a friendly diner (Schleusen Krug) on the park (Tiergarten) and canal. Schnitzel excellent, goulash wonderful, hot toddy on a cold day, ask for a 'grog'.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank EdwardLAuckland
Dear EdwardLAuckland

Many thanks for your second feedback here on Tripadvisor!

We are very glad to read that you we were able to satisfy you once again.

We hope we will have the pleasure to accommodate you again shortly.

Zermatt, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

During the IHIF conference in Berlin, I had the chance to stay at Hotel Palace Berlin. The location, without any doubt, is perfect. It was 5 min from the IHIF conference. Furthermore, the breakfast was amazing, and the ambience in the lobby was warming and welcoming. The staff is friendly and approachable. The concierge gave good tips regarding the dining venues.
Above are all the pluses, the drawbacks, and probably the reasons why I gave an average rating are as follows:
--> overpriced internet access, with only two options: 24hrs vs 1hr
--> the rooms are not five star material, I stayed in several, and the one where I stayed were not up to 5 star standards, however I must admit that my colleague stayed in a better room, which was located in a different wing of the building
--> Finally, I had the view into the internal side of the building

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Edobrov,

Many thanks for your feedback here on TripAdvisor!

I have seen that you were in general very satisfied with your stay at Hotel Palace Berlin except little drawbacks on which I would like to give you a short feedback from my side.

Internet:

Rooms:
We do renovate a huge number of rooms at the moment. Everything should be finished by latest May 2012. Please check out our Homepage if you would like to get a first impression already.

We hope you will not only gain your impressions by checking our homepage and you will visit us soon again!

Kind regards and see you soon

Baku, Azerbaijan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This was the first time that I visited this hotel, and had some hesitations. But now I can assure you that this is a good hotel situated in the shopping heart of Berlin. The service is very good and the price is acceptable.
During my stay only one factor was negative - ongoing constructions around the hotel. But it not depends on the hotel and soon or late it will be finished.
I surely recommend the hotel for those who like luxury style for an appropiate price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Nazim S,

Many thanks for your recommendation here on TripAdvisor!

We hope you will visit us in the near future again.