“Good rest guaranteed”

Hotel Palace Berlin
Ranked #30 of 635 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 7 April 2012

As usual a wonderful place to unwind. I did have problem with a noisy builder in the Europa Centre next door, but when I asked, I was quickly moved to a very quiet room.
It is always worth booking in a business massage or simply lounging next to the pool. It is very easy to fall asleep. Very willing to help with my business documents. Happy with the bar food for dinner. Restaurant and Michellan star restaurant too. Great service all the way.
Easy access to the Ku-dam (Kurfurstendamm) shopping district. Quick walk to the Zoo station (S (regional) quick trip to Alexanderplatz and TV Tower, & 30 minutes to beautiful Potsdam and U-bahn (underground) out to Olympiastadion to watch Berlin football on a Saturday night).
If you walk pass the Zoo station into the park (200 m) you will find a friendly diner (Schleusen Krug) on the park (Tiergarten) and canal. Schnitzel excellent, goulash wonderful, hot toddy on a cold day, ask for a 'grog'.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank EdwardLAuckland
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear EdwardLAuckland

Many thanks for your second feedback here on Tripadvisor!

We are very glad to read that you we were able to satisfy you once again.

We hope we will have the pleasure to accommodate you again shortly.

Rooms Division Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

During the IHIF conference in Berlin, I had the chance to stay at Hotel Palace Berlin. The location, without any doubt, is perfect. It was 5 min from the IHIF conference. Furthermore, the breakfast was amazing, and the ambience in the lobby was warming and welcoming. The staff is friendly and approachable. The concierge gave good tips regarding the dining venues.
Above are all the pluses, the drawbacks, and probably the reasons why I gave an average rating are as follows:
--> overpriced internet access, with only two options: 24hrs vs 1hr
--> the rooms are not five star material, I stayed in several, and the one where I stayed were not up to 5 star standards, however I must admit that my colleague stayed in a better room, which was located in a different wing of the building
--> Finally, I had the view into the internal side of the building

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Edobrov,

Many thanks for your feedback here on TripAdvisor!

I have seen that you were in general very satisfied with your stay at Hotel Palace Berlin except little drawbacks on which I would like to give you a short feedback from my side.

Internet:
We offer different kinds of Internet Packages starting from 10,00€ for one hour up to 22,00€ for twenty four hours incl. WLAN and unlimited download. Since we have a third party internet provider we are unable to change internet rates nor can we provide a free internet connection in our rooms. As we know that nowadays Internet is quite important, we have installed a separate internet terminal which is free of charge in our lobby.

Rooms:
We do renovate a huge number of rooms at the moment. Everything should be finished by latest May 2012. Please check out our Homepage if you would like to get a first impression already.

We hope you will not only gain your impressions by checking our homepage and you will visit us soon again!

Kind regards and see you soon

Reviewed 10 March 2012

This was the first time that I visited this hotel, and had some hesitations. But now I can assure you that this is a good hotel situated in the shopping heart of Berlin. The service is very good and the price is acceptable.
During my stay only one factor was negative - ongoing constructions around the hotel. But it not depends on the hotel and soon or late it will be finished.
I surely recommend the hotel for those who like luxury style for an appropiate price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Nazim S,

Many thanks for your recommendation here on TripAdvisor!

We hope you will visit us in the near future again.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Check-in was quick and professional. In the room it turned out the hotel is still in "winter mode" therefore the only possibility to reduce the temperature was to open the window. And Budapesterstrasse is not a small country road... But by the end of the day the stay was OK.

They have a nice and well equipped gym, swimming pool and SPA.

Breakfast arrangements are among the best I have experienced within last 6 months of travels ;-). Including Blins with caviar... ;-)

Room Tip: Chose room snot facig Budapeststrasse...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear aszanti,

Many thanks for your words here on TripAdvisor!

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Palace Berlin.

The temperature is controlled by the Europa Center Berlin and the air condition can be manually adjusted as soon the outside temperature is reaching 15 degrees or higher.

We hope that we have the pleasure to accommodate soon again.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I booked the hotel through their website. Due to unknown reasons my standard double room was upgraded to Deluxe, which was really very nice of them.
Good breakfast as usual, and excellent service especially comparing to Intercontinental hotels.
The hotel is a bit pricey but considering its location and service it's worth the money spent.

The only thing I personally don't like is when they reserve the amount of your stay plus 100 euro on extra charges. In case you choose to pay cash it takes time to unblock the reserved sum.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business