2,385 results
All reviews gin bar leading hotels of the world great hotel europa centre business room club room first floor five star hotel lobby bar spa facilities free upgrade shopping district per day breakfast buffet zoo station zoologischer garten the air conditioning
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Check-in was quick and professional. In the room it turned out the hotel is still in "winter mode" therefore the only possibility to reduce the temperature was to open the window. And Budapesterstrasse is not a small country road... But by the end of the day the stay was OK.

They have a nice and well equipped gym, swimming pool and SPA.

Breakfast arrangements are among the best I have experienced within last 6 months of travels ;-). Including Blins with caviar... ;-)

Room Tip: Chose room snot facig Budapeststrasse...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear aszanti,

Many thanks for your words here on TripAdvisor!

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Palace Berlin.

The temperature is controlled by the Europa Center Berlin and the air condition can be manually adjusted as soon the outside temperature is reaching 15 degrees or higher.

We hope that we have the pleasure to accommodate soon again.

Kind regards,

Eric Födisch
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I booked the hotel through their website. Due to unknown reasons my standard double room was upgraded to Deluxe, which was really very nice of them.
Good breakfast as usual, and excellent service especially comparing to Intercontinental hotels.
The hotel is a bit pricey but considering its location and service it's worth the money spent.

The only thing I personally don't like is when they reserve the amount of your stay plus 100 euro on extra charges. In case you choose to pay cash it takes time to unblock the reserved sum.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tatiana I
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times now and it is a lovely hotel. Breakfast is vast and extremely tasty and the rooms are very comfortable and well presented. Bathrooms are spacious and well appointed and the beds are very comfortable.

It is well situated opposite the zoo/aquarium and stands over the popular Europa Centre.

The staff here are all very polite, courteous and extremely helpful as you would expect at a 5 star establishment.

The gym is also well appointed with basic freeweights as well as machines and the pool is clean and very relaxing with the additional artwork on the walls.

All in all a very good hotel and a good comfortable base to explore Berlin...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank homerobscura
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stayed with my mother in early December 2011. The hotel was recommended by our travel agent due to its location and inclusion. We had a twin room at the rear of the hotel overlooking the shopping centre next door. The room was a excellent size with a large and modern bathroom. The rate included buffet breakfast, one of the best buffet breakfasts I have had - excellent variety. The hotel is centrally located, easy access to the trains and an easy walk to the shopping street. I have no trouble recommending the hotel to family and friends. As we were staying in the hotel in the lead up to Christmas, it was nicely decorated. They staff are very friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side of the building away from the main street/church are nice and quiet
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Petesyd2204
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed 4 nights at Palace Berlin. The room was modern, large and well furnished/equipped. The breakfast choice and food quality was excellent. The reception, housekeeping and breakfast staff were friendly and helpful.
Just few minor comments, Free WIFI Internet would have been appreciated and LG:s hotel TV is very slow to change channel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelerMUPU

Dear TravelerMUPU,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Palace Berlin. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. Nevertheless I have noted your comments regarding the Internet and television too.
Please allow me to give you a short explaination.
We offer different kinds of Internet Packages starting from 10,00€ for one hour up to 22,00€ for twenty four hours incl. WLAN and unlimited download. Since we have a third party internet provider we are unable to change internet rates nor can we provide a free internet connection in our rooms. As we know that Internet is quite important nowadays we have installed a separate internet terminal which is free of charge in our lobby. Your comments regarding the television have been passed on as well in order to meet your expectation in the future.

Eric Födisch