US$ 119
US$ 113
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 170/night.

US$ 112
US$ 90
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 117/night.

US$ 144
US$ 135
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 251/night.

US$ 185
US$ 142
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 202/night.

US$ 117
US$ 96
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 149/night.

US$ 103
US$ 75
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
US$ 268
US$ 227
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 339/night.

US$ 141
US$ 124
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 198/night.

Generator Hostel Berlin Mitte(Berlin)(Great Value!)
US$ 96
US$ 55
US$ 45
US$ 32
  • Bar/Lounge
2,308 results
All reviewsgin barleading hotels of the worldgreat hoteleuropa centrebusiness roomswimming poolclub roomfirst floorfive star hotelspa arealobby barfree upgradeshopping districtper daybreakfast buffetzoo stationthe air conditioning
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Not posh but my room was very comfortable with nice shower. Didn't find many interesting restaurants in the immediate area. Berlin zoo right near hotel. Service I would describe as courtious. Very convenient connections to all sightseeing in Berlin..bus 100 right outside the hotel and the subway right round the corner.

• Stayed: January 2012
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Ray T,

We would like to thank you for your great Feedback here on TripAdvisor!

I am sorry to read that you did not find any suitable restaurants in the immidiate area. Please contact our Concierge Team during your next stay as we have a huge variety of great restaurants and bars in Berlin lots of them not far from our Hotel.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed here on NYE. The hotel is clearly extremely well managed and staffed, with everyone very friendly and helpful. You never had to wait more than a few seconds for a lift. Common areas were good - the lobby with deep sofas and scattered books was welcoming and a great place to relax and meet up. I enjoyed the calm of the bar, and the great pianist, after walking through the war-zone that is Berlin on NYE. There were always sweets or fruit or doughnuts (berliners?) at reception, and the receptionist and concierge were very helpful with suggestions and advice. You certainly feel special here, as a guest.

The breakfast buffet, included in the room price, was truly awesome, and I'd recommend it to non-guests too, since the breakfast room has a lovely view over the zoo. I didn't try out the pool/spa but staff pointed it out to me in case I wanted to use it.

I had a single room which was disappointing in two ways: the woodwork (especially the desk area) was chipped and looked cheap, and there were hardly any electric sockets, particularly by the desk. I had to shift the heavy desk and unplug the TV to plug in my laptop, and there was no sensible place to plug in the room kettle apart from putting it on the floor which didn't seem particularly safe. That, and the high cost of internet access (17 euros a day for leisure use, higher for business) led me to believe that the hotel needs a redesign to cater properly for the digital age. Apart from that the room was great - comfortable, clean, well-equipped - and I slept well.

I would happily stay again, certainly for the price we paid which was a steal for NYE (booked a couple of months in advance). I would, however, try to have a better plan for data access. My mobile wifi provider had let me down, and I refused to pay 17 euros for in-room internet access, so I felt a bit isolated from the digital world. If your company is paying, fine. If not, investigate alternatives in advance.

Room Tip: If you're paying a low price, you may end up with a 5* hotel but a 3* room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank tripbiscuit

Dear tripbiscuit,

Many thanks for your feedback here on TripAdvisor!

We are glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you recommend the Hotel Palace Berlin to other guests travelling to Berlin.

Nevertheless, I have noted your comments regarding your room and the internet too. With regards to the room, I am happy to tell you, that we do renovate a lot of rooms at the moment in order to meet all guest expectations in the future as well.

We offer different kinds of Internet Packages starting from 10,00€ for one hour up to 22,00€ for twenty four hours incl. WLAN and unlimited download. Since we have a third party internet provider we are unable to change internet rates nor can we provide a free internet connection in our rooms. As we know that Internet is quite important nowadays, we have installed a separate internet terminal which is free of charge in our lobby.

We hope that you are choosing to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel looks very upmarket when you enter the hotel. Lovely reception area and friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were good and servicing and cleaning of rooms excellant. However, the tv and radio channels constantly cut out for up to 10 seconds at a time every few minutes very annoying. Shower screen did not shower soaking bathroom floor. Bar prices very expensive, serving very cheap beer, Berliner Pilsner, not very good, and charging a fortune for a small glass. Breaksfast was excellant if wanted cold options but hot options were slow to be replenished there was a very long wait for eggs as cooked each order individually and the toaster was the slowest I have ever come across, however when food arrived was very good. Beware there are prostitutes working in reception area late at night, not sure why staff do not stop this. The location of the hotel is very good, right across the road from Berlin zoo, 5 minutes walk from Kudamn and train station.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Loved staying at the Hotel Palace Berlin in early December. The rooms were lovely and clean, and staff were really helpful. I would definitely stay again if travelling to Berlin.

The breakfasts were absolutely amazing. So much to choose from, everything was fresh and topped up on a regular basis.

The hotel was right across the road from the zoo. I didn't visit but imagine some travellers would see this as a positive. It was also very close by to department stores and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whisked_Away_8
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Whisked_Away_8,

Many thanks for your great feedback!

We hope we will see you again during your next trip to Berlin.

Reviewed 25 December 2011

I've stayed at the hotel once before and found it excellent: top service, good rooms, great position for exploring the city, good spa facilities and excellent breakfast. Myself and my partner and a friend came to stay at the hotel for a pre Christmas break. The hotel is just as good as I remember: check in was prompt and despite arriving early our rooms were prepared. Unfortunately despite booking a double room, the bed was two twin beds put together and our friends room was booked as a "double room for single occupancy" turned out to be a twin room. We did the typical British thing and didn't complain or make a fuss but it was a disappointing start to our stay. I was very disappointed to discover that use of the sauna/tepidarium/cold room is now only with an additional charge. We used the facilities and they were exactly the same as I remember apart from the cold room which was out of order. Even though that section was out of order we still had to pay full price for entry to the area. I would have expected perhaps more facilities for the charge. Internet was provided by an external provider. Very simple to set up and good signal. However I think these days this should be included in the cost of the room. I know I'm picking only negatives, overall we had a memorable and great break but at these times when more luxury hotels are being opened seemingly on a weekly basis competition is tight.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Romangate

Dear Romangate,

Many thanks for your Feedback here on TripAdvisor!

I am glad to read that you were in general satisfied with your stay. Nevertheless I have seen that we were not able to meet your expectations with regards to the bed type. We do place all requests into the system and always do our utmost to meet all of them. Unfortunately during busy periods we are not able to meet all requests because of the booking situation, thats why we do not guarantee requests.

With regards to the extra charge for our Sauna I would like to give you a short feedback. The operational cost has increased enormously and we had either the option to put it on top of our room rates and to allocate it to all guests staying with us or to charge the individual user.

We hope we will have the pleasure to accommodate you again in the future. You may rest assured that we will again try our best to allocate all your requests.