“Large rooms, excellent breakfast”

Hotel Palace Berlin
Ranked #32 of 633 Hotels in Berlin
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed 4 nights at Palace Berlin. The room was modern, large and well furnished/equipped. The breakfast choice and food quality was excellent. The reception, housekeeping and breakfast staff were friendly and helpful.
Just few minor comments, Free WIFI Internet would have been appreciated and LG:s hotel TV is very slow to change channel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelerMUPU
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear TravelerMUPU,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Palace Berlin. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks. Nevertheless I have noted your comments regarding the Internet and television too.
Please allow me to give you a short explaination.
We offer different kinds of Internet Packages starting from 10,00€ for one hour up to 22,00€ for twenty four hours incl. WLAN and unlimited download. Since we have a third party internet provider we are unable to change internet rates nor can we provide a free internet connection in our rooms. As we know that Internet is quite important nowadays we have installed a separate internet terminal which is free of charge in our lobby. Your comments regarding the television have been passed on as well in order to meet your expectation in the future.

Rooms Division Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Not posh but my room was very comfortable with nice shower. Didn't find many interesting restaurants in the immediate area. Berlin zoo right near hotel. Service I would describe as courtious. Very convenient connections to all sightseeing in Berlin..bus 100 right outside the hotel and the subway right round the corner.

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear Ray T,

We would like to thank you for your great Feedback here on TripAdvisor!

I am sorry to read that you did not find any suitable restaurants in the immidiate area. Please contact our Concierge Team during your next stay as we have a huge variety of great restaurants and bars in Berlin lots of them not far from our Hotel.

Reviewed 10 January 2012

I stayed here on NYE. The hotel is clearly extremely well managed and staffed, with everyone very friendly and helpful. You never had to wait more than a few seconds for a lift. Common areas were good - the lobby with deep sofas and scattered books was welcoming and a great place to relax and meet up. I enjoyed the calm of the bar, and the great pianist, after walking through the war-zone that is Berlin on NYE. There were always sweets or fruit or doughnuts (berliners?) at reception, and the receptionist and concierge were very helpful with suggestions and advice. You certainly feel special here, as a guest.

The breakfast buffet, included in the room price, was truly awesome, and I'd recommend it to non-guests too, since the breakfast room has a lovely view over the zoo. I didn't try out the pool/spa but staff pointed it out to me in case I wanted to use it.

I had a single room which was disappointing in two ways: the woodwork (especially the desk area) was chipped and looked cheap, and there were hardly any electric sockets, particularly by the desk. I had to shift the heavy desk and unplug the TV to plug in my laptop, and there was no sensible place to plug in the room kettle apart from putting it on the floor which didn't seem particularly safe. That, and the high cost of internet access (17 euros a day for leisure use, higher for business) led me to believe that the hotel needs a redesign to cater properly for the digital age. Apart from that the room was great - comfortable, clean, well-equipped - and I slept well.

I would happily stay again, certainly for the price we paid which was a steal for NYE (booked a couple of months in advance). I would, however, try to have a better plan for data access. My mobile wifi provider had let me down, and I refused to pay 17 euros for in-room internet access, so I felt a bit isolated from the digital world. If your company is paying, fine. If not, investigate alternatives in advance.

Room Tip: If you're paying a low price, you may end up with a 5* hotel but a 3* room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank tripbiscuit

Dear tripbiscuit,

Many thanks for your feedback here on TripAdvisor!

We are glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you recommend the Hotel Palace Berlin to other guests travelling to Berlin.

Nevertheless, I have noted your comments regarding your room and the internet too. With regards to the room, I am happy to tell you, that we do renovate a lot of rooms at the moment in order to meet all guest expectations in the future as well.

We offer different kinds of Internet Packages starting from 10,00€ for one hour up to 22,00€ for twenty four hours incl. WLAN and unlimited download. Since we have a third party internet provider we are unable to change internet rates nor can we provide a free internet connection in our rooms. As we know that Internet is quite important nowadays, we have installed a separate internet terminal which is free of charge in our lobby.

We hope that you are choosing to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel looks very upmarket when you enter the hotel. Lovely reception area and friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were good and servicing and cleaning of rooms excellant. However, the tv and radio channels constantly cut out for up to 10 seconds at a time every few minutes very annoying. Shower screen did not shower soaking bathroom floor. Bar prices very expensive, serving very cheap beer, Berliner Pilsner, not very good, and charging a fortune for a small glass. Breaksfast was excellant if wanted cold options but hot options were slow to be replenished there was a very long wait for eggs as cooked each order individually and the toaster was the slowest I have ever come across, however when food arrived was very good. Beware there are prostitutes working in reception area late at night, not sure why staff do not stop this. The location of the hotel is very good, right across the road from Berlin zoo, 5 minutes walk from Kudamn and train station.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Loved staying at the Hotel Palace Berlin in early December. The rooms were lovely and clean, and staff were really helpful. I would definitely stay again if travelling to Berlin.

The breakfasts were absolutely amazing. So much to choose from, everything was fresh and topped up on a regular basis.

The hotel was right across the road from the zoo. I didn't visit but imagine some travellers would see this as a positive. It was also very close by to department stores and shopping.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whisked_Away_8
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Whisked_Away_8,

Many thanks for your great feedback!

We hope we will see you again during your next trip to Berlin.