2,385 results
All reviews gin bar leading hotels of the world great hotel europa centre business room club room first floor five star hotel lobby bar spa facilities free upgrade shopping district per day breakfast buffet zoo station zoologischer garten the air conditioning
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This hotel looks very upmarket when you enter the hotel. Lovely reception area and friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were good and servicing and cleaning of rooms excellant. However, the tv and radio channels constantly cut out for up to 10 seconds at a time every few minutes very annoying. Shower screen did not shower soaking bathroom floor. Bar prices very expensive, serving very cheap beer, Berliner Pilsner, not very good, and charging a fortune for a small glass. Breaksfast was excellant if wanted cold options but hot options were slow to be replenished there was a very long wait for eggs as cooked each order individually and the toaster was the slowest I have ever come across, however when food arrived was very good. Beware there are prostitutes working in reception area late at night, not sure why staff do not stop this. The location of the hotel is very good, right across the road from Berlin zoo, 5 minutes walk from Kudamn and train station.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

Loved staying at the Hotel Palace Berlin in early December. The rooms were lovely and clean, and staff were really helpful. I would definitely stay again if travelling to Berlin.

The breakfasts were absolutely amazing. So much to choose from, everything was fresh and topped up on a regular basis.

The hotel was right across the road from the zoo. I didn't visit but imagine some travellers would see this as a positive. It was also very close by to department stores and shopping.

1  Thank Whisked_Away_8
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Whisked_Away_8,

Many thanks for your great feedback!

We hope we will see you again during your next trip to Berlin.

Reviewed 25 December 2011

I've stayed at the hotel once before and found it excellent: top service, good rooms, great position for exploring the city, good spa facilities and excellent breakfast. Myself and my partner and a friend came to stay at the hotel for a pre Christmas break. The hotel is just as good as I remember: check in was prompt and despite arriving early our rooms were prepared. Unfortunately despite booking a double room, the bed was two twin beds put together and our friends room was booked as a "double room for single occupancy" turned out to be a twin room. We did the typical British thing and didn't complain or make a fuss but it was a disappointing start to our stay. I was very disappointed to discover that use of the sauna/tepidarium/cold room is now only with an additional charge. We used the facilities and they were exactly the same as I remember apart from the cold room which was out of order. Even though that section was out of order we still had to pay full price for entry to the area. I would have expected perhaps more facilities for the charge. Internet was provided by an external provider. Very simple to set up and good signal. However I think these days this should be included in the cost of the room. I know I'm picking only negatives, overall we had a memorable and great break but at these times when more luxury hotels are being opened seemingly on a weekly basis competition is tight.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Romangate

Dear Romangate,

Many thanks for your Feedback here on TripAdvisor!

I am glad to read that you were in general satisfied with your stay. Nevertheless I have seen that we were not able to meet your expectations with regards to the bed type. We do place all requests into the system and always do our utmost to meet all of them. Unfortunately during busy periods we are not able to meet all requests because of the booking situation, thats why we do not guarantee requests.

With regards to the extra charge for our Sauna I would like to give you a short feedback. The operational cost has increased enormously and we had either the option to put it on top of our room rates and to allocate it to all guests staying with us or to charge the individual user.

We hope we will have the pleasure to accommodate you again in the future. You may rest assured that we will again try our best to allocate all your requests.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

Spent two nights in Nov. and my verdict would be one of the best hotels in Europe! Just spotless except one minor thing which I will mention later on. Staff at the front desk were superb. Check-in and out were very quick and pleasent. Hotel Concierge Service did its best to find out a local resturant for us on busy Friday evening. I think he made more than 5 calls to get a table for us. Spa facilities inclduing swimming pool were excellent. My daughter, 2.5 years old, was able to swim with armbands by herself for the 1st time!

Just one minor comment. My wife told me the restaurant on lobby wasn't that good. Kids menu was a bit disppointing. However this is a just minor point considering all the services we had at the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Dear JP_Tervuren,

Many thanks for your great feedback here on Tripadvisor! We are very glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and your daughter managed her first swim lesson on her own!

We would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding the kids menu. We have passed on your comments to our head chef straight away.

We are already looking forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2011

Swimming pool was great! Staff was very good. Location was excellent.

Room Tip: higher floors was great! Delux room was quieter.
1  Thank k l
EricFoedisch, Manager at Hotel Palace Berlin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2011

Dear k l,

Many thanks for your short but significant feedback here on Tripadvisor!

We hope we will have the pleasure to accommodate you soon again!

Merry Christmas