See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 December 2017

I was booked into this hotel while my apartment was being fixed, I stayed for just a night. The staff were nice, but the hotel itself needs a totally mako over. The room is spacious but nothing to it,

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Interesting hotel. In many ways. As mentioned by others the breakfast is really good value. The rooms are spacey, if your lucky. We had a couple of 3 bed rooms (3rd bed was a sofa) with lots of space for baggage. Floor to floor carpet, but in good condition. It's in a quiet area with a small grocery store nearby. Close to the U-bahn so easy access to more central parts of Berlin. The elevator feels unsafe, but it has its charm as well. All in all I were really pleasantly surprised by the state of the hotel after reading some reviews before arrival.

But why 3 stars?
No smoke detectors in the rooms. We spoke to the management about this and we were told it is something they are currently working on so hopefully this will be in place soon. Also one of the emergency exits were full of paintbuckets and other equipment used in recent renovation.

If this doesn't bother you I'd recommend staying here if you're on a budget and good space and good breakfast is important to you.

Room Tip: Ask specifically about size since the rooms varies a lot in size. Wifi does not reach the room furthest away in the top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

One star for the helpful and friendly staff. One star for the breakfast. That's it. Certainly unique though...

Some castle / fairy tale themed rooms and decoration here and there that may make it interesting for children. However...

No tea or coffee in the room. Double bed had 2 single mattresses and single duvets. It would appear the Germans don't like a cuddle from their loved one at night. Mattresses are really uncomfortable with a pillow so soft it actually suffocates you in the night... the kind that requires about 5 folds to act as a pillow. Terrible 50's decor with random style features that would offend Gok-Wang. Canvases put up all over the place with no real thought in an obvious attempt to cover up the bad wall paper or the holes in the walls. Our room had a square sawn out the wall and the same piece put back in upside down. Imagine every Mr Bean or Bottom sketch... Furniture chipped and falling to bits.

In its defence, building work was going on during our visit and it does look as though they are trying to redecorate. The location is nice with plenty nice bars and restaurants. Subway is literally 50m from the hotel entrance within zone B which makes it very quick to get the hustle n' bustle of city centre attractions. Subway runs 24hr at the weekend too so easy to return after a night on the sauce.

I wouldn't stay here again knowing what else is available for a reasonable increase in price. I was more proud to get through the experience as an adventure rather than a pleasant stay. So bad, it was funny.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed here just one night, so for just that it was enough.
It's a very old building and so are the rooms. The showerhead didn't stay up so I had to hold it.
There is breakfast but it isn't much or very special, there is some cereal, some bread, some ham and cheese, some yoghurt and coffee and tea.
The bed was fine, nothing fancy.
For the price and one night stay it was ok.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2016

It's just poor. Really poor. The rooms are falling apart.....in neither of our rooms did the shower work properly. There was a lamp pulled out of the wall. It was all really tired inside, close scrutiny of the carpets wasnt a good idea nor were any of the soft furnishing particularly clean to look at. There's no bar, no communal area to sit and plan the day. Just fairly crappy rooms that nobody wanted to spend more than 5 mins in. The breakfast was average.....bread cheeses the normal stuff. We moved to a different hotel for the last night. When I said we were leaving there was no reaction from the receptionist. Clearly not the first time someone has left before the end of their stay. Not only that but when we asked to be moved to a different room we were told we couldn't be, and were told there was no scope for us to ask for our money back. Basically, you book through one of the various sites and you're stuck with this hotel no matter how bad it is. I never write this type of reviews.......but this was really poor. Spend your money elsewhere. Oh and don't be suckered by the photos......it really, really doesn't look like that inside!

Room Tip: I don't suppose there is one